Fiberglass hood prop rod

-

MoparDave

Reaction score
Anyone come up with a cool way to prop up hinged fiberglass hood. Was thinking prop rod for like a jeep, mounted. Tired of having to grab something to hold hood up.

Anyone come up with a cool way to prop up hinged fiberglass hood. Was thinking prop rod for like a jeep, mounted. Tired of having to grab something to hold hood up.
Have you considered, or are you open to hinge springs? If you are, the hood springs out of 80's Daytona's are the correct tension.

Have you considered, or are you open to hinge springs? If you are, the hood springs out of 80's Daytona's are the correct tension.

I would be up for that, they work on factory hinges? 72 dart.

I would be up for that, they work on factory hinges? 72 dart.
Yes, I have them on my 69, same hinge. Head down to a wrecking yard and grab a set from 80's Daytona. If memory serves me correctly, there are a few other 80's, early 90's Chrysler products that work, might be K cars, and Plymouth Laser?

Yes, I have them on my 69, same hinge. Head down to a wrecking yard and grab a set from 80's Daytona. If memory serves me correctly, there are a few other 80's, early 90's Chrysler products that work, might be K cars, and Plymouth Laser?
Really, have to check it out I have a Shelby charger parts car.

-
Back