Fiberglass hood with HEMI scoop questions

-

Mopardude

Reaction score
I found a fiberglass hood with a HEMI scoop for sale for my 74 Dart Sport. At first I was thinking man thats going to look sweet but as I think about it more, how practical is this hood for a car I drive more than I race? Will that big scoop act like a big sail on the freeway? Am I going to have to worry if I am out driving and it starts to rain? I am assuming a fiberglass hood won't bolt up to the factory hinges and will need to be pinned down, correct? Also how light are they? Can 1 person take it on and off easily without busting a nut or 2? Would like to hear any goods or bad from other people who have owned one.

Oh yaa...go for it! It looks tough on these cars, but you will need some big tires to complete the look. Find an air cleaner that will suit your engine, that will protect from rain. Or, get really technical, and add a flapper door of some kind. It can be a pain to remove, but they are very light.

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

You can get s either way, bolt or pin-on. if you go bolt i think you will need to get new hood springs. i'm sure some one here can tell you where to get them from.
jeff

hi, i have one on my dart,its a bolt on so i use the hinges,i can lift it off and put it on my roof with no problem,and i have 4 hood pins on the front of my car -the scoop catches alot of air.

-
Back