Fiberglass hood

-
Yes! ok, It will depend on what kind of glass hood you get, lift off vs standard, as I recall from the last time I was looking, the standard one has more support structure to be mounted to the hinges. If you go with the standard one don't forget light weight springs for the hinges or it will bow up in the center.

I've seen the ones from www.aarqualityfiberglass.com at a car show in Melbourne and they look pretty good as far as finish is concerned, but I don't have one, sooo, I'll let someone else chime in on fit/longevity..

Please post your results. I called them about a hood for my 69 Dart and they were rude because I was having trouble finding the posting on their site. I notice they have now revised their site and the hood is easy to find now. The girl told me to find what I wanted and to call her back when I found what I wanted. I wasn't going to deal with them again but with an improved catalog and someone else doing well with them I might.

I bought the hood for my 68 cuda from them. I even got them to install a super stock scoop on it for me. I didnt have any trouble with them. Heres a pic...

2047986_67_full.jpg

2047986_70_full.jpg

Its real nice. If you want to run hinges get hinges from a dodge rampage. I've been told they fir right and are the right tension.

I bought the hood for my 68 cuda from them. I even got them to install a super stock scoop on it for me. I didnt have any trouble with them. Heres a pic...

2047986_67_full.jpg

2047986_70_full.jpg

Its real nice. If you want to run hinges get hinges from a dodge rampage. I've been told they fir right and are the right tension.

You can also use the "springs only" from the 80's Dodge Daytona's

here is a pic of the Daytona spring

a19.jpg

he may have to cut off a couple of coils on the front spring

a22.jpg

I bought a Hood, scoop, bumpers and trunk lid for my 69 Barracuda from them

Parts were very nice, Shipping was fast, had it all in under a month which I here is amazing from them.

Problems, I ordered a hood for a 69, received a 67-68 hood. Decided seeing I was going with the super stock these anyways to get a 67-68 header panel and keep the hood. No big deal, actually helped me make up my mind, LOL

Trunk lid was a bolt on part but wouldnt actually bolt up. It required extra parts from a coupe or convertible trunk lid NO big deal, got the parts cheap.

Just a little more info on the AAR hoods. They are now taking the A-body hinges as cores and de-tensioning the springs for their fiberglass hoods. They should have them to sell now, I took a bunch of hinges to them at the Mopar Nationals as cores and they bought every one. Nice hoods, my brother has had one on his 69 Dart for 3 years now and it's still in like new condition despite countless trips down the 1320.

I'm wanting the 6pak hood but they didn't have the pix before and now do. It is a good looking piece and I want the springs so all the info is great.
Thanks.

My friend has an AAR 6pack bolt on hood on his 71 Demon 10 sec car.
he forgot the hood pins on one run. The hood came up when the front wheels came down.
the only damage to the hood was about an inch around both back corners where they contacted the cowl. The hinges were wrecked and the cowl was dented in about 3/4 inch. The hood took the least damage and he is still using it. I am impressed.

Having had far too many lift off hoods, I prefer a bolt on hood. They are a little heavier, but then you don't have to keep looking for a place to put the hood or worry about damaging it when you set it down some where.
Daryl

-
Back