File fit rings

-

sireland67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for a source for LA 318 standard bore file fit rings.
For some reason I am having trouble finding them.
These are for stock pistons.

Thanks

just looked...nothing .005.....not a very popular bore

Sireland67, I gota ask what are your intentions for the "oversize" ring selection? If your trying to tighten up a wore bore conundrum, do take into account when those rings are at the bottom of the stroke that ring end gap now approaches zero. Your wore bores are only wore at the top of the cylinder. Be careful, and do your end gap check at the bottom of the ring travel area.

Sireland67, I gota ask what are your intentions for the "oversize" ring selection? If your trying to tighten up a wore bore conundrum, do take into account when those rings are at the bottom of the stroke that ring end gap now approaches zero. Your wore bores are only wore at the top of the cylinder. Be careful, and do your end gap check at the bottom of the ring travel area.

Yes I am fully aware of the piston travel.

Used file fit rings for years on several engines without fresh bores.

part no. e245k40 will this not work. I use .020 over olds 350 rings for my .030 340 and file fit them.

I personally never used rings labeled for Chrysler products they are 3 times the price as chevy rings and they are the same. I buy moly rings for $35 or less for the same as $100 mopar rings.
you just have to find the size combo you need.

Yup. All you need are the size of what you want, and go look them up on the various sites.

-
Back