Filler neck help!

-

PettyDart

Reaction score
The 73 Dart Swinger I bought has a screw on style(Amazon) fuel cap (see pic). The cap is stuck and won’t open. I have the original locking gas cap and key. I would like to polish that up and use it (see pic). My problem is the filler neck is just a hollow tube and there’s nowhere that it would lock to be able to use it??(see pic). Has the wrong filler tube been put into this car or something? Very confused. Any ideas? I’ve searched online and can’t seem to find the correct filler tube to buy to just replace this one. Or is there perhaps a trim ring that should go on that the cap locks on to?
RB

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So if I'm reading this right ..

You want to go back to a standard gas cap. (Locking or non locking,)

Looking at your photos you are going to need to get a replacement filler neck.

Yours has been modified and the stock part to tighten a stock cap is gone

Correct. I’d like to use the original locking cap. I can’t seem to find the right filler neck though? I keep seeing ones for fold down rear seat Dart Sports that have the angle to them. This is just a straight pipe I think?

Your filler neck is no good someone modified it. A dart sport neck will not fit a swinger. You need a 4 hole 72 -76 swinger neck. $75 shipped

Your filler neck is no good someone modified it. A dart sport neck will not fit a swinger. You need a 4 hole 72 -76 swinger neck. $75 shipped
Where can I find that? Unless I’m searching for the wrong thing all I seem to find are the ones for the Sports and vented ones.

I'll send the nicest one for your car that I have . Here is a picture of some that are here. You will get a 4 slotted hole style with no gasket in the picture. Gasket style are 67-72 they go on the inside of the quarter.

DSCF0292[1].jpg

106_0499.JPG

100_0169.JPG

-
Back