filler neck reducer black neoprene? grommet

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
where can I purchase one, to reduce filler neck ID to match thin gas pump nozzles. thank you for your time. RR

I put one of those in my 66 B-Cuda, and it works great. If You get one, read the destuctions a few times, and do what they say. Take your time installing it. You only get one chance. If I remember right I used a very large diameter wood dowel rod, or maybe it was a broon handle. The thing is when installing it, is to keep it sqaure in the tube.

Dave

Is there one available that you just push in & no welding needed (I dont want to pull the pipe if I dont have to). RR

The one motorpirate gave the link to is a pushin kind. thats what I was referencing. use a big flat base broom handle or dowel rod.

Dave

It stops fuel from gushing out when you fuel your tank, and keeps fuel from spilling out while cornering with a tank 3/4 to full. As far as I know it is only needed on 66, and older A-Bodies. It is still not spill proof but a lot better than the stock fill pipe, without one.

Robert
Yes. Get a large dowel rod or a piece of broom handle, and tap it in. Do as I suggested in the other posts. You just tap it in with a mallet, and dowel/broomhandle.

Dave

Robert
Another thing just came to mind. When installing the restickter, Do not push it in to far, you want to drive it in only far enough, so you can still get the modern small gas pump nozzle in. If you drive it in to far, and the nozzle cannot go into the hole, you have a big problem. It tells you all of this in the destructions.

Dave

@barracudadave67 Dave, when installed in an early A, does it help with the fuel fill nozzle kicking off the way most all Early A's do? Does it still fit tight once it gets past the gas cap lip? If it does, I wouldn't think one would want it any further in than the minimum needed to get a gas cap on. Sorry for so many questions, but so far you're the been there done that guy on these things....lol.

:thumbsup:

JD
I don't know about kicking off the gas nozzle, as I usually dont fill mine that full.
It fits tight. The hole is not in the center, of the restricter, so I installed it with the shallow side on top of the fill tube.
I installed mine at 1 3/4 inches from the outer unpainted lip of the filler pipe. The 2 rivets you can see in the pics, are where the little door hinges are riveted on the restricter.

These things ain't perfect but they help in a big way. I know I haven't got a gas can with a nozzle small enough to fit in the restricter.

Hope all this helps everyone, with early A's.

Dave

20230622_143745.jpg

20230622_143811.jpg

-
Back