Final assembly question

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
I am to the point of installing the front fenders and grille. I have the hood installed and gapped at the cowl and am ready to assemble the rest. I have the seam sealer for the fenders and most of all the new rubber and fasteners. Anyone suggest a sequence to follow from here? Any advice appreciated as I don't want to screw this up.
TIA----------DR----------:)

Make sure you put sealer between the fenders and the tops of the inner fenders to keep water out.

Just did this on my GTS...Look at my build thread...last few pages.. I did install both fenders before the hood, so I could get correct gaps at the doors and cowl first.
Gang Green 68 GTS

Just did this on my GTS...Look at my build thread...last few pages.. I did install both fenders before the hood, so I could get correct gaps at the doors and cowl first.
Gang Green 68 GTS
Thanks man, I will check it out! Checked it, looks a lot like my build. Dude, you have a lift-I am now green with envy! These cars have a lot of similarities don't they. I will be installing fenders this weekend.

essentially from the back to the front - get the fenders on but leave them loose but snug (including the "rocker" attachment points down near the doors) for adjustment later... as you already have the hood on I suggest pulling the fenders outward as far as they will go before you do any hood closing. If it is all already painted - BLUE PAINTERS TAPE ANYWHERE one panel may contact the other - you simply can't be TOO careful.

essentially from the back to the front - get the fenders on but leave them loose but snug (including the "rocker" attachment points down near the doors) for adjustment later... as you already have the hood on I suggest pulling the fenders outward as far as they will go before you do any hood closing. If it is all already painted - BLUE PAINTERS TAPE ANYWHERE one panel may contact the other - you simply can't be TOO careful.

Took it out of my Brain, blue masking tape on everything that may contact anything and than some!!!

-
Back