Final Decision: V-Band or Ball-Socket

-

racerdude5

Reaction score
Okay I need to make a final decision of which I'm going to use for my header collectors. The exhaust system has four mounting points. 2 of which are the collectors themselves. The collector flanges seem to match up pretty good, I'm not sure how exact though. So V-Band or Ball-Socket?

Ball & socket also allow for some misalignment. Marmon flanges (aka "V-Band Flanges") don't.

That said, I prefer Marmon flanges coupled with the use of SST accordion sections for flex and is how I'll shortly be building the exhaust on the Bronco. I used the flex sections on the Valiant, but with a MISF inspired connector design. Those work great, but take too long to build, so the Bronco gets Marmons.

What headers and exhaust are you running?

I'm running Hedman Headers (full length) and dual exhaust that comes out in front of the back wheel.

If I recall correctly budget is a serious concern for you, in High school, yes? Mr. Corse by chance?

I can show you how I built the "MISF flanges" if you'd like. I have a couple that I've not yet used on the Valiant so you can see how they go together. They take time more than money to build and they seal excellently. Never, ever had one leak.

-
Back