Finally a Mopar owner again yay!

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
It has been several long years since I sold my '65 Barracuda before I relocated to S. Carolina. All my life I've loved Furys and I'd been hoping I'd get to have one more. Well it was meant to be and this is the third time that I've found a very nice old Mopar in the small towns of Georgia. An all original '71 Fury III, grandpa bought it for grandma but she was scared to drive it and it stayed in the garage. The grandson was going to use it for college and put in a new fuel tank, radiator, brakes, tires, water pump, OEM carpet, changed fluids, etc. He realized it was too nice and not practical and put it on Craigslist five weeks ago. I watched the price get lower and lower and I knew I had to have it. It's a 360 with a/c and 46,000 miles. I never owned any Mopar newer than '67 and I am surprised how well this one handles. I drove it home by myself, 5 hrs, very comfortably! Once I get it cleaned and shined up, I'll have better pics. Thanks for looking.

005.JPG

007.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

Last edited:
It has been several long years since I sold my '65 Barracuda before I relocated to S. Carolina. All my life I've loved Furys and I'd been hoping I'd get to have one more. Well it was meant to be and this is the third time that I've found a very nice old Mopar in the small towns of Georgia. An all original '71 Fury III, grandpa bought it for grandma but she was scared to drive it and it stayed in the garage. The grandson was going to use it for college and put in a new fuel tank, radiator, brakes, tires, water pump, OEM carpet, changed fluids, etc. He realized it was too nice and not practical and put it on Craigslist five weeks ago. I watched the price get lower and lower and I knew I had to have it. It's a 360 with a/c and 46,000 miles. I never owned any Mopar newer than '67 and I am surprised how well this one handles. I drove it home by myself, 5 hrs, very comfortably! Once I get it cleaned and shined up, I'll have better pics. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 1714959522

View attachment 1714959523

View attachment 1714959524

View attachment 1714959525
"God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury."

Nice car!

Super cool find David! I will let you know next time I am in Charleston so you can bring it over to coffee & cars...
C

Oh man !!!! Happy to see you back in the drivers seat of a great old MoPar Machine again :thumbsup: I know just how well this car drives :D I had a 383 2 barrel Fury III that was from an USAF base and it would get a grip and fly :usflag: Same colors inside and out as your new ride :thumbsup:

Did you get it in for the checkup at the garage? All good?

No report yet...Davis Garage is where the Fury's at, Mr. Davis is an older gent in business for decades, I hate to bug him and if anything was serious he would call me. It seems like it has a vacuum leak, or needs a carb rebuild, it won't idle. At interstate speeds it ran great...I'm looking forward to pleasant drives on the gently curving roads out here. And bringing it to a couple of the Cars n Coffee we have.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of fun

Thanks Tommy, that's exactly it. Working and living out here, that's what has been missing, FUN! Actually having my own Mopar to take care of and drive instead of just being a bystander.

Last edited:
My wife and I have been thinking about coming down for a short vacation. Will try and get in touch. Maybe going to the mountains instead. Not sure

I'm in the garage sanding on Goldie today. Hope to get some new paint on her soon

David, that's a nice car. I know you are excited.

Great score David. Welcome to the Chrysler Land Yacht Club otherwise known as the Fuselage C bodies. I have a 1969 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible that is a very smooth and comfortable ride. It puts a smile on my face when I take it out for a cruise. You will have miles of smiles with your Fury.

Oh man !!!! Happy to see you back in the drivers seat of a great old MoPar Machine again :thumbsup: I know just how well this car drives :D I had a 383 2 barrel Fury III that was from an USAF base and it would get a grip and fly :usflag: Same colors inside and out as your new ride :thumbsup:
Hey memike, ten years ago I bought a green 1969 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible from a Navy base. It was a squadron car that kept getting passed down as the custodian serviceman rotated out. It has a 383 4 barrel. I guess the military loves big cars!!

-
Back