Finally Another

-

Herkman

Reaction score
I've had 3 - 72 Dusters, a Honeydew 318 with white stripes, Sherwood Green 340 with black stripes, and a Sherwood Green 225. I totaled all of them. I owned the first two in high school, and the 225 when I was 23. I was doing 110 in the 318 after putting glass packs on it, and the right front tire caught the edge of the pavement going around a curve. It caused the car to skid, and I rolled it several times. The 340, I was stopped to make a left turn and a drunk guy in a station wagon rear ended me. It pushed me into oncoming lanes in which two other cars hit me. The 225, a lady ran up the shoulder while I was making a right turn. Needless to say, life happened after that. In trying to relive my high school days, I've been looking for another Sherwood 340. I gave up several times. I looked at buying a 73 or later but found 72 conversion parts hard to find. Well, I just picked up a 1971 unmolested, numbers matching 340. The only non-original feature is buckets, steering column, and console (which is what I wanted). It needs work and I was going to repaint it green, but I think I'll keep it Lemon Twist. The engine has a 500 mile rebuild on it but needs cleaning and painting. I remember my dusters never handled well, so I'm looking to upgrade the suspension. I hope to gain a lot of information from this forum and all the experts out there. Thanks

Duster.jpg
Duster front.jpg
Duster rear.jpg

Welcome back to the MOPAR family! Looks pretty solid and a great start. How long were you on C-130s? I’m a retired weapons troop.

Welcome and man o man did you land in the right place for DIY on your Duster! These guys are a wealth of knowledge and info, heck sometimes it is even right. I got many an hour in C-130s Only place we ever got to sleep, after the inevitable brawls for best spot to curl up of course!

Welcome and man o man did you land in the right place for DIY on your Duster! These guys are a wealth of knowledge and info, heck sometimes it is even right. I got many an hour in C-130s Only place we ever got to sleep, after the inevitable brawls for best spot to curl up of course!
Thank you for your service. We may have crossed paths!

Welcome to FABO from a fellow Bluesuiter who lives right up the road in Rome! I worked as an OTS recruiter out of the recruiting squadron on Little Rock AFB. Lots of C-130's there, lol.

Lots of great info on suspension in the threads. I've been through most of mine using info from FABO. Leaf springs, torsion bars, shocks, bushings. Still need to add frame connectors.

-
Back