FINALLY!!! (B-body discussion)

-

ceekay

Reaction score
After fifteen years of not having the money, the time, the resources, or the access to her, my late father's '70 Roadrunner has been unearthed and is washed and waiting for me to return to her, and finish what Dad started....

Originally a 383 auto car with a blue bench interior. However, Dad wanted a hot-rod, not some perfectly restored gutless piece of s**t (no offense, but his idea was to change tires more often than filling the gas tank), and he dropped in a 440 Supercommando. The original 383 went to scrap a few years ago. Either way, the engine was toast as I recall.

My plan is to go through the 440 once more (sat for 15 years covered and in-doors with no attention whatsoever, will need seals and gaskets and such at the very least), toss on a 4-barrel for now but eventually drop a 6-pack on, give her a very detailed and proper body job.... Paint will be B7 blue, black trunk graphic and hood stripe, Roadrunner/no dust trail stripe, and a black interior sporting buckets...

Please send donations to my PayPal account. ;)

ibifdj.jpg

1005446_152809544914779_291742891_n.jpg

.... Anyone wanna buy a '76 Duster? ;)

Being stuck in Afghanistan, I can't get any more pics myself, but I've told my sis to get me more pics.

- CK

Should be a nice one, looking forward to the progress, keep us informed and Thanks for your service to our country

Thanks!!

Also, I don't want to sell the Duster, but I may have to in order to fund the Roadie project. Worse, multiple resto-deep projects means more money spent with less progress on either. :\

- CK

Was wondering where you disappeared to.

Nice project with a good story behind it. Lookin' forward to the progress.

The car will be awesome after it's done.
One of my favorite b-bodies for sure.
More pics and updates as they come would be great.

Got a new pic after screen-capping a video my sis shot of the car being pulled out of the machine shed....

2dqsei8.jpg

70 RR is definately my all time favorite, I used to own a 440-6 "when they were." If I could afford it I'd have a stable full.

-
Back