Finally drove the Valiant!

-

wayneswirld2

I need a vacation...
Reaction score
After months, and months, and then a couple more months, I've finally driven the Valiant. Long story short, finally bought a replacement fender for the passenger side from Dr. Mopar down here in Central Texas today and installed it...banged out some of the hood damage to where it will close, spun the old slant 6 over and BAM, she started right up.

First time she's actually been driven, other than around the parking lot at the storage facility, in a few years. Did pretty well, although the fuel filter doesn't seem to be filling up, only shows a trickle of fuel.....and the temp gauge goes to HOT after a few minutes. Can't say that she's actually overheating cuz nothing seems to boil/pour outta the radiator with the cap off, and it doesn't BEHAVE as though it's overheating. Might just need a new sending unit.

Still gonna have to work out some bugs too; dash lights don't work, front turn signals don't work, small things really.

She's still ugly as all outdoors, but I'm looking forward to driving her around some this weekend.

Wayne
Austin, TX

-
Back