FINALLY, got it home!

-
kikgas,

When I bought my same year 340 Duster two years ago it had, and still has, a 1976 (casting date but no vin stamped) 318 with a 904 transmission in it. They had pulled the original single point distributor and installed it on the newer smog motor. The car is an automatic on the column. It had no carpet and non-matching bench seats. I am in the process of getting a 340 motor assembled to put in the car. It still has the original 8 3/4 rear (323 ring an pinion) and performance exhaust system with chrome tips.

You got a very nice original and complete car. Excellent find.

Congratulations!

Art

Yeah I remember that topic and yes I did forget about the torque boxes. Was just curious, as this car appears to be a stone stock survivor, whether it had the washer or not. My H code Demon had the washer.

How about the torque boxes, does "pig pen" (Ref: "Peanuts") have them?

When it was on the trailer, I had to crawl out the window as I couldn`t open the door. I got the window up as far as I could. That is why I didn`t stop at a car wash and flood my interior.. I will look for torque boxes and so on. I did drive it up and down my street today. It popped right off this morning. (I live on a dead end street). Even the ignition switch light works. It has 106,000 miles on it. I will pull it out on a day that isn`t 40 degrees and raining or snowing and wash it off. Anothe bonus is the high impact color and power steering. Thanks for the info on the seats and it`s birthday!!!!!!

Water meet Duster

Duster Meet water.

Nice looking car what does it look like clean

I love it. I can't wait to see the after wash pictures.

My Valiant has that exact same interior..very attractive.

Beautiful score! Love the pics! Dare I ask what ya paid??? Give or take of course LOL

X2

Also, the A01 light package is listed on the fender plate. You mentioned the ignition switch light, we can see the fender turn signals (L31), so....the trunk light shows up as L25. You might have a glove box lamp and an ash tray lamp.

It does. It has the light package and torque boxes. Can`t say what I paid but had a message in my box offering me 8,500 for it. That is VERY tempting though and am considering it. I know it is very rare.

It does. It has the light package and torque boxes. Can`t say what I paid but had a message in my box offering me 8,500 for it. That is VERY tempting though and am considering it. I know it is very rare.

Its got a 340.... tell em $10,000. :axe:

I thought it was a painted roof car as it is black but the original owner said it got bad so he replaced it and they did a terrible job so he took it off again and painted it black to protect it but never drove it that way.

WoW
Holy Grail A-Body Barn Find in my opinion .. Bravo !
HEY .. Remember i sent you PM earlier .. contact me back later !
Yours sounds similiar to mine except yours is mucho better shape !
Mine was 1 family owned (2 brothers) & NO PS, PB, Or AIR & Bench w/ 3 speed on floor !
sat 27 years & could not get doors open for 3 days & still cant roll windows all way up cause i dont trust doors will keep opening w/o lil more work !
when i got my duster .. 1 brother (FYI .. neither brother is a car guy ?) told me the best thing he ever did was switch from dual to single point distributor .. still has same single point in it today .. & of course he has no idea where dual point went ??
I still remember going to car wash & duct taping windows so i could rinse it off !
Afterwards I was thinking it looked better when it was dirty !
Anyways 2 thumbs up & Good Luck ! .. Great Deal !
Keep posting more Pics !!!

It will get washed. I had to crawl out the window and roll it up as far as I could to haul it home. There was NO WAY I was going to a car wash with the window half way down........ Kind of a weird car, has power steering, manual drum brakes and a single point dist!!!!!!

Nice find! It should look great when cleaned up! Take it up to Farmington in June and show it off. The show this year features 1971 models. Hey, PM me your info so I can come over and take a look.
I have Monday off. toolmanmike http://www.midwestmopars.com/

Love the Duster!! They are only original once. I too have a very similar 71 that came from the orig owner, They sure have some neat stories to tell. Now get that thing washed!!!

Attachments

• Dusterday.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 512
duster026.jpg

duster027.jpg

duster029.jpg

duster032.jpg

duster034.jpg

duster033.jpg

duster028.jpg

I took it for it`s first drive today as well. Runs and shifts great! Feels tight and brakes work good! Drove it a couple miles. At 55 mph it is at 3,000 RPM`s It also has a "489" center section in it and is a suregrip.

-
Back