Finally got my floorpans in!!!

-
Reaction score
This past weekend I finally got my floorpans in the Valiant. It is nice to ride around and my feet actually stay IN THE CAR!! LOL

I bought the pans from autobodyspecialties. I am slowly but surely progressing. I have had the car for five years and, in that time, have gone through a divorce, remarried, etc so now that I am settled it is time to start my resto.

I will post some pics as I progress.

How long did it take you to do the install? Did you butt or lap them? Front and rears or just fronts? I'm doing mine this winter and want to know what I'm in for.

How long did it take you to do the install? Did you butt or lap them? Front and rears or just fronts? I'm doing mine this winter and want to know what I'm in for.

Both front and passenger rear.

Lapped them and put a solid weld around them. I am planning on putting spray on bedliner on the top and undercoating on the bottom.

I can tell you that you will be sore. I could hardly move the next day. All the bending, etc takes its toll.

I`ll be doing my `64 Val ragtop also. Gotta do the whole thing. How well did the pans conform to the original contours?

Fairly well. Took a little pounding with a body hammer and some trimming here and there but, overall, went well.

Certainly a lot better than seeing the road beneath my feet! LOL

Been doing my floor pans for about 2 months now. I have very little time to work on the duster due to work. It takes a long time when you only have a half hour to work on them. Not to mention im getting the "new" pans from my no rust donor car, so it takes me twice as long...

Carpet will hide all the boo-boo's nicely!!

-
Back