Finally got my intake…

-

IdahoCarson

Reaction score
Spent a couple years working on this deal with the original owners grandson. Got a full truckload of parts for the Valiant, this of course is the cherry on top.
IMG_0449.jpeg

I can’t even think straight right now. I need to research the rpm these were meant to run at and start tracking down a cam and carb.
IMG_0450.jpeg

I asked the guy about this weird heat riser on the collector. He father was really into fish carburetors. A whole new rabbit hole to go down. He had cabinet full of every adaptation of fish ever made. I guess they were prone to icing.

IMG_0458.jpeg

My father believed that myth his whole life !
I never understood the mentality where you buy something such as a gas engine, and then spend all of your efforts to prevent from using any (gas). Go figure.
Can anyone define fish carburetor? Marine? Brand name??

Fireball Roberts.??? Blog says he used those carbs...... Smokey Yunick built his cars....wonder what he had to say about Fish carbs. The rest of the statements in that blogpost made my brain smoke....

From what I understand they were developed for circle track racing. I know the whole family ran it the dirt of Electric City Speedway. There is a good description of how they work on Wikipedia.

-
Back