Finally got pics of my new wheels!

-

Krazed

Reaction score
I've had the wheels since April but ive been busy, slacking, forgetful... call it what you will but it comes down to Lazy!

Anyway, here they be. Sitting outside in the wonderful Alaska summer... :cussing: stupid clouds!

Enjoy!

Before:
207nods.jpg

After:
207npfn.jpg

207nr6h.jpg

Yep, they are 17x8's front and rear. I would have gotten bigger but they didn't make 17x9 or 9.5...only 10's and that would mean I would have had to Mini-tub it. But now that I look at it, I should have!

man those are nice. they look great. what backspace did you use for the front and back? i wouldnt go any wider, the combo you got on it looks perfect. i cant believe you got 8 inch wide rims to fit under the front fender. any rubbing anywhere? also if the rear was lowered would your tire rub? i have a 64 dart and was wanting 17x8s in the back, but dont know if theyll fit without rubbing.

I would not go any wider than that, they look perfect. What size are the tires and backspacing? I keep looking at those pics over and over.

Thanks for the comments! Much appreciated.

The backspacing is as follows, 4" for the fronts (No issues, perfectly fine lock to lock, and its lowered) and 4 7/8" in the rear. Honestly, if I went 4.5 for the rears I would be able to fit 9" wide wheels and 275's on there. It would be very tight but should go without clearance issues.

AS is, the 4 7/8" rear backspacing is perfect for the 255's, and you could go less to make more of a 'deep dish' look.

Also, there's no rubbing issues anywhere, no spring-relocating yet, and no tubbing.

Front tires are 235/35/17's and Rears are 255/40/17's Both on BFGoodrich G-Force Sport's.

Dodgenut64 said:
man those are nice. they look great. what backspace did you use for the front and back? i wouldnt go any wider, the combo you got on it looks perfect. i cant believe you got 8 inch wide rims to fit under the front fender. any rubbing anywhere? also if the rear was lowered would your tire rub? i have a 64 dart and was wanting 17x8s in the back, but dont know if theyll fit without rubbing.
Keep in mind your Dart has much smaller wheelwells than a 2nd gen Cuda.Take it to a good tire store,and they can measure how much backspacing you can go.I'd be real suprised if you could get a 15x8 let alone any bigger.

last year at Monster Mopar Weekend i saw a nice lookin 64 dart with some wide lookin rims on (17x8s maybe) but the ouner wasnt around to ask what size they were and to see what backspacing he used, or even if they rubbed. the only thing i noticed was his springs where in the stock location. as of late though, im really thinking 17x7s will be perfect. i like the look of having all 4 wheels the same size, and i dont want the wheelwells looking real stuffed. i have a 1964 Car Life with a 64 dart convertible on the cover, and that car is kinda the direction i want to go with as far as looks (course the engine and suspension is gonna be uptodate).

ya, those are some really nice wheels. I have 9's on the back of mine with 275's and damn is it tight!

Sublime69 said:
ya, those are some really nice wheels. I have 9's on the back of mine with 275's and damn is it tight!

ok you guys are killing me now... i want a set od 17" wheels for my dart and don't know where to start..

those 9's with the 275's on it.. are you mini tubbed ? is it an abody rear?? come on i need details.

abodyjoe said:
ok you guys are killing me now... i want a set od 17" wheels for my dart and don't know where to start..

those 9's with the 275's on it.. are you mini tubbed ? is it an abody rear?? come on i need details.

well mine are 18" and it is all stock with the exception of a little wheel well trimming. The rear end is out of a 74 scamp. Its a shitty 7 1/4 but it has the big bolt pattern.

yep love the lower profile tires and larger rims. 17"s would be tough on the little Valiant I think. :sad9:

daves66valiant said:
yep love the lower profile tires and larger rims. 17"s would be tough on the little Valiant I think. :sad9:

thats why i opted for 16's plus the width.. i didnt want something to wide up front

but ill be seeling mine when i find a nice set of 18's that i can fit under my vally!!!!

i wish i had just bought 18's in the first place! its what i wanted. but the ones i have were basically in my lap to help make the choice!

abodyjoe said:
are you mini tubbed ? .

i got 10 inch rims with 12 inch tires and im not tubbed and they dont stick out ...but anway that cuda is tight now im loving the black and chrome maybe some tint tho?

i gotta get my *** in gear and get em a nice set of 17" wheels for my car...

DAMN!

Thanks guys! :thumbup: Comments are much appreciated.

Tint is coming eventually, but its at the bottom of the list, seeing as how when I drive it its usually with the windows down.

Also, I've done a bit more work to it over the weekend just before a car show on sunday.

I flipped the rear hangers to lower it , it took out the rear wheel/tire gap that was there, sits alot better now I think. Also put on new shocks, and fixed the front camber so it's not negative and wearing the tires down on the insides.

All in all, very easy things to do!

Man I love this car.... :toothy7:

pix????????????

i'm interested in seeing how much of a difference it made..

Sublime69 said:
well mine are 18" and it is all stock with the exception of a little wheel well trimming. The rear end is out of a 74 scamp. Its a shitty 7 1/4 but it has the big bolt pattern.

they arew 18 by what?? and whats the back space??

Wow, don't take this the wrong way but I really dont like those on your car....make it look...well cartoonish.....the car is AWESOME but the wheels look like something that should be on a Honda Civic not a classic Muscle Car. AWESOME car not so great rims.

-
Back