Finally I own a welder

-

adiffrentcity

Bent Rodder
Reaction score
Finally delivered today! Ready to do some work!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Everlast-PowerTig-200AMP-VOLTAGE-WELDER/dp/B00BRCJOMK/ref=sr_1_8?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1408495473&sr=1-8&keywords=everlast+welder#productDetails"]everlast 200DX[/ame]

:toothy10: :toothy8: :hello1: :toothy7: :lol: 8-) :love10:

Gotta stop somewhere and get argon tomorrow...

Nice, I will be purchasing a new one in the next few weeks myself (mig), just haven't decided which one I want yet.. I didn't realize you needed argon for a tig machine. I've never tig welded before so I know nothing about it.

Lol sport after this it will be at least a couple days.....

Got it set up tonight, didn't do any welding but turned it on and set gas flow.

I can't wait to get my new welder. I already have the cart and a friend of mine deals in the tanks, so I have that covered.

Now I just need to find room. :banghead:

Here's the machine:
vbpicgallery.php

Screwing around just pushing the puddle, then cut my scrap for a couple short lap welds
vbpicgallery.php

Then a butt weld on some different scrap
vbpicgallery.php

Filled some holes
vbpicgallery.php

Then found a good piece to do a steel "skill drill" as outlined on weldingtipsandtricks.com
vbpicgallery.php

All of this was here and there over the course of the last week or so.
I wish I had remembered the skill drill sooner, my biggest issue is consistently feeding my filler wire. Might have to step down to some tighter fitting gloves, but don't really want to for safety's sake.

Have you used the pulse/ wave control yet? Looks like it could come in handy!

Congrats on the welder. Looks like a great machine.

If you can reload the pics, the links are broken.

Question, why are these so expensive? I mean huge TV's come down in price every year, why dont welders? I want a TIG but a G is out...

They do come a bit cheaper, but it depends on what it can do.

If you want to run DC for steel, only, you can cut the price in half and look lower.

The gambit on these is that they use a power inverter these days, to eliminate the transformer and the ones that weld aluminum require some heavier componentry for taking the load from AC, since TIG runs polarity reverse from a mig. The torch carries the load instead of the work simply taking the load from the filler metal that is also the conductor.

These are just electric torches that take the load of the arc, so they need the components to handle it and control it.

I'll bet you could get an inverter tig for under $500 for DC and maybe close to that, if you looked, for one that also ran AC.

The one that adifferentcity has is competing with the capacity and abilities as well as the warranty offered on other machines that cost about $3k, so its really not that bad, when you start looking at what it does and how much it handles.

Have you used the pulse/ wave control yet? Looks like it could come in handy!

Congrats on the welder. Looks like a great machine.

If you can reload the pics, the links are broken.

I haven't tried the more advanced features yet, all my practice has been on mild steel with the torch switch only. Honestly haven't done anything in a while life has been crazy.

But yea I didn't mind the bump in price for the features, I've got big plans (headers, intake, suspension, etcetera ) and even if I don't see them all through on dad's car I know I won't outgrow the machine.

I'll try the pics again hosted here, pic hosting sites just seem to suck these days.

-
Back