FINALLY IN THE 10's!

-

megacab

Leglhi
Reaction score
:burnout:Hey everyone.just wanted to say thank you for answering all the questions i had lately.But they paid off.Had a knock in my motor,which turned out to be from installing a fuel pump excentric washer that was too shallow,allowing to much camshaft end play.Luckily we caught it before too much damage happened,although it all had to come back apart,at which time we found a few more problems with the machining.Fixed those and reassembled it.Anyway,long story short,went to Pinks Allout this weekend.I wanted to run it in street trim on the show.So i backed it off the trailer,and with full exaust(3 inch TTI all the way to the bumper) and on my 275/65/15 M/T drag radials ran a [email protected] back and ran a [email protected] for the third run,did a nasty burnout and ran a [email protected] in the exact same trim as i drive it on the street.Last run the guy next to me took forever to stage,my tires cooled and when i left i burned out for 60 feet.Still caught and passed him but ran a [email protected] still have a 3800 Turbo Action converter in it,stock suregrip,driveline and besides the reverse man valve body,a stock trans.So in a few weeks we're going to mount slicks,change to a 5500 8 inch stall,bump the timing and jets and see what she does.Won all my races and made it through to the part where they pick the cars,but they didnt pick mine.On a side note though the class they did pick was the one i was in.Just didnt pick the Duster.I didnt even tune this thing before we left,and didnt touch a thing except put a pound of air in each tire.It might be on the show.Primer black without a hood and a lime green engine bay.Thanks everyone.

Very nice, can you give the once over quick version of your build engine etc please!

Man that is so great and very fast. Congrats again!:)

Hey thanks Dyno.Motor is a 68 340,3/4 block fill,Hughes stud girdle,Scat forged crank,Eagle H-Beams,Ross 14.1 forged pistons,Shady Dell prepped W-5 heads with 2.08/1.60 Ferrea valves,Isky tool room springs,Bullet 712/698 roller cam,ATI damper,Indy intake,MSD billet distributor,Harland Sharp 1.5 rockers,Smith bro's pushrods,Messiere water pump and its running a 950 Demon at the moment.Car weighs 3120 with me in it,has a 3800 stall,4.30 gears,Caltracs with their mono leaves and rancho 5 way adjustables.TTI 1 7/8 headers into a TTI 3 inch x pipe system over the axles to the bumper.The car looks rough with the black primer but i think it has some high nines in it.The little weather station at the track had us at 4900 elevation,and it was 105 both days.Car never ran above 185 though.You can see pics of it in my profile.Dont laugh to hard hahaha.It's going back to B5 blue someday when $ permits

Nice runs.

It will run better with a different header on it. Probably as much as .15. Engines like yours have made 40+ HP with other headers. Hard to beat the fit of those, but, they aren't the best for hp.

Nice!! I still think that combo should get you into the high 9's when it's all sorted out (with a better converter of course).

SWEEEET!

Very, very impressive! Job well done!

I'm curious in regards to the fuel pump eccentric washer setting cam end play though. I thought the camshaft retainer plate prevented fore and aft movement of the cam? At least that's what I saw on my LA builds.

-
Back