Finally, luck at the junkyard

-

Saetun

Sinister Swinger
Reaction score
Hit the junkyard in search of small block non-AC pulleys & had no luck. I'll try again this weekend unless someone posts some in my price range. BUT, I did happen across these guys for $20 plus tax. Unfortunately, the threads on the U-bolts were totally destroyed getting them removed, so i'm still searching for those. Although its still a bit off, I'm one step closer to mounting my 8.25" rear end.

I'll wire wheel the rust off & hit it with a neutralizer, prime & rattle bomb 'em. I'm sure they'll come out just fine.

Attachments

• Shock Plates.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 345
Sae,bomber.Go to a local leaf spring shop.Most can cold roll you all four,25 to 30 bones.Bring an old u bolt with ya,explain what you need.Go get it ,man.

Couldnt you just get the zinc plated U bolts from the HELP isle at Oreilly's? They are around 20 bucks for two if I remember correctly...

Sae,bomber.Go to a local leaf spring shop.Most can cold roll you all four,25 to 30 bones.Bring an old u bolt with ya,explain what you need.Go get it ,man.

OOOH! I like this idea, Bomber! Right in my budget too. Thx for the heads up, I've got a sample U-bolt sitting on my bench!

Couldnt you just get the zinc plated U bolts from the HELP isle at Oreilly's? They are around 20 bucks for two if I remember correctly...

They are cheap crap that lack many important design features.

Saetun send me a pm with dimensions and amt of grooves for your pulleys, I have some but no idea what they are for

Thanks guys. Quick question, tho. I always thought that load bearing fasteners like those used on suspension parts should all be Grade 8 or equivalent. I know cold rolling the fasteners increases the strength of the fastener pretty significantly but some of the descriptions of these U-bolts out there say "Steel" or "Natural" Usually indicating to me Grade 2. What am I missing here?

If you have a trailer supply store locally you can also get the u bolts cheap and they are strong. Trust me I use to own a trailer company. I got a set for my 8 3/4 and it worked tits

You can also order heavy duty ubolts from the fine people at caltracs.I got mine thru mancini racing.

If you have a trailer supply store locally you can also get the u bolts cheap and they are strong. Trust me I use to own a trailer company. I got a set for my 8 3/4 and it worked tits

thats exactly what i do. i get them here for $4.50 each with nuts and all. thats my go to place for u bolts and lug nuts since their only $1 each and some times they just give them to me if their busy and dont wanna fuss with a $2 transaction lol

-
Back