Finally made it!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Yup...after a 3 year absence I finally made it a club meeting today. WITH my car!

I left the house and met up with my friend Mark whom owns a sweet green `68 340-S convertible. We then cruised out to Rt.110 and met up with another friend, Chris, whom also owns a VERY nice B-5 blue`68 340-S fastback.
SANY0002-vi.jpg

We then cruised down to Amityville (yes, THAT Amityville.... as in Amityville Horror) to attend the meeting.
SANY0007-vi.jpg

Upon arrival, we got our spots and were plesantly surprised to see over a dozen A-Bodies at the meeting! I also met up with Rob (Rumblefish) whom brought his Duster out with him. It was good seeing him again. The last time we got together was back when my car was still in the bodyshop.
SANY0010-vi.jpg

He's Rob with my wife Amy enjoying a cool Oct. morning.
SANY0013-vi.jpg

Rob's Duster

We had a great turn out with about 50 cars at it's peak. Nice mix of body styles and tastes....
SANY0011-vi.jpg

SANY0012-vi.jpg

SANY0020-vi.jpg

SANY0008-vi.jpg

This one was beyond cool.... How about scoring a mint 15K mile Grandma-owned `68 Valiant (for only $4k) with a slant 6 and converting it to THIS beast? That's a 440 shoehorned in there. SWEEEEEET!
SANY0023-vi.jpg

The president of the club, Frank, own's this.

Yeah...we had a great time. It felt soooooo good to take the car out for a nice cruise. We put about 50 miles on her today without a single hiccup. She performed flawlessly and I can't describe how pleased I am. I also had an illegal acceleration contest with my buddy Tom in his 383 Duster out on Sunrise Highway (right near the old Baldwin-Motion supercar shop....) and I managed to hang right next to him bumper-to-bumper. I forsee a re-match in the near future, without my wife in the car.

I'll get back to you on that re-match..... :toothy10:

Great to see ya down there John. Pleasure meeting Amy. Now IF I didn't look so first thing in the morning, I think I'd like the picture. (Ha ha ha) But the coffee was good, I needed it.

Your car looks great man. I was very pleased looking at that car. Can't wait to start in on mine. (Grumble grumble X 3) That is what winter is for, collecting parts and working in the garage.

I love shows at this time of year. It is cold, but the fall air, and the colours in the trees, just make our cars seem more special. I miss our Fall fling.

Car looks great John!

Nice cars!Good to see, it was sunny here for once on a weekend.Mt.Nemo..What happened to a meet in our area?I,d like to see some A-body guys and gals from around.Say at Timmy,s(Clapson,s corner)or somewhere beore snow flys??Some bench racing??I,d like to meet some guy,s from around.parts and chat?Mopar and tech?Just a thought.Sorry about the hike.

Looks like a nice club turn out.

I especially liked those three little A-bodies hangin together, very cool as you don't see that every day.

Glad you had a good time stretchin the legs on your beastly ride.

My local club sucks because the meetings are way too far away so a few of us notchback guys are planning some local cruise in's next spring in our neck of the woods and we hope to have alot of A-body guys show up.

For the life of me I can't figure out why our club only holds meetings and club picnicks on Sundays while many guys are at church.

The turn out would be much better if they held it on a saturday Duh???

Wow :-DJohn does your wife smile in her sleep:cheers:
Looks like a great day for you and Amy
And was glad to hear she "your barracuda"performed flawlessly.:cheers:

At least you don't have to wear a hat Rumblefish.=D>
It sure feels good seeing a bunch of folks having a great time.
Thanks for sharing a good day out in the 68 and all the MoPar's
It had to be cool to see the three 68 together on the hwy.:thumbrig:
3 years,:tongue9: I know the feeling :happy10:
That had to feel good, You have dun a great job getting
the fish ready for the meeting.

I am proud for you and Amy :rock:

We used to have a show at this time of year at the Chrysler head office in Mississauga. I'd like to see a bunch of us get together one afternoon. John's club looks like they are having a good time.

Thanks guys! Yeah, it was a great day. I've been waiting for the day I could roll into a meeting and be proud of the car. Today was the day!

To say I had a favorable resonse toward my car would be an understatement. I grinned the entire time I was there... :cheers:

Congrats John!! Probably still had that grin cemented on your face when you went to bed last night Im sure lol. Had to be an awesome feeling pulling in there with that amazing turquiose fish for the first time. Looks like you and Rumble have a really nice club!!

Can only imagine the thrill you must have had, congrats.

Going to bed with that smile on on your face, probably were kickin the misses dreamin of that rematch bangen gears in your sleep!!

I find myself dreamin of hole shots all the time, hope to fire mine in the next couple weeks.

-
Back