Finally made some progress

-

Cuda66

Reaction score
I finally decided to make the time I needed to get started on the Barracuda, with any luck I'll have it painted in six months. At least that's what I'm shooting for. Click on the pic to see the other pics.

Looks like you are getting a good start. I'm hoping to have my car put back together by this spring. It will have been a 2 year project. Luckily I started with a good specimen. Your body work looks good.

Thanks, but so far all I've done is strip the paint off the quarter, & put a coat of primer on. I did weld in a small section in the trunk and painted the floors top & bottom w/ Por-15. I'm going to have to replace the lower quarters on both sides due to rust.

quarters2.jpg

Got a package today - I ordered these 2 weeks ago from Layson's & was told they would ship within a couple of weeks, They were packed very well with no damage when they arrived. The quality isn't the greatest though, you can see, there is some ripples just above the wheel wells that will need to be smoothed, and the wheel wells are more rounded than the original.
quarters1.jpg

Cool! At least they are 1 piece panels. For my dart I had to use 2 pieces and it made a PITA job even more of a PITA. I also had to fab my outer wheelhouses, hopefully your cuda's are in decent shape. Good luck!

keep it goin! and let us know how you make out with those patch panels...

It looks like you'll have to cut them in below your gas cap, but that's O.K. because your quarters look like they're in good shape above the wheelwells. Like DJV said, keep us posted with updated photos and progress reports.

I'm starting the install today, & hoping to have one side in this week end. Basicly the panels are good except for behind the wheel well, below the body line, and the lip of the wheel well and just in front of well. Yea I'll have to fab my outer wheelhouses too. I'll get some pictures to show my progress. They were $479 for the pair + $85 shipping.

Well my progress has hit a standstill, My dad needed a new kitchen, My wife wanted a new guest bath, and now a new master bath.

The patch panels I got from Layson's, once I got a good look at them, weren't even close to factory. I ended up fixing the rust myself. It would have been more work to use the panels. I sent them back, over two months ago & had to have my credit card company pull the money back from them. Beware dealing with them, I;m not the only one having problems

At the rate things are going it'll be another six months before I'm ready for paint.

Look's to me you are on a good schedule!!

Looking good,and keep us updated.

-
Back