Finally My duster goes to paint

-
Since the pics i took yesterday were late in the day i will get good daylight pics when the sun comes back out as its raining here.

And i just wanted to say thanks for all the nice comments.You guys mad me and wife smile. thanks all .

Thank Speedracerx i was kinda surprised i din't get more dislikes about gauges you know departing from the factory or even the common auto meter dial type.Thanks as i was really stocked about my gauge choice.

any luck on more pictures in the sunlight? I wanna see that thing shine!

car is lookin great sweeepin demon wants those gauges in a bad way for his 71 340 demon but he hardly ever gets on here

Hey dodgeboy i tried to find them i don't think they make them any more i picked them up like 8 years ago and i was collecting part as many of us do.But sadly i don't think they are still made.

Ok check this video out.[ame="http://www.streetfire.net/video/nordskog-instruments-gauges_139576.htm"]Nordskog Instruments & Gauges - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

O the weather the stars and my schedule have all come in to alignment.so i was able to wash the car and get some pics,I appoligize as they are taken with a camera phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20120124_133923.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_20120124_134604.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_20120124_134619.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 429
No apologies needed.. the car looks great.. if it looks that awesome with a camera phone, it has to be stunning in person..

thanks i just hope these pics help fellow member fst73 360 get a better idea of the color.i dont think that the pics really show the color. Probably because i need a better camera and
a better place like the park sitting on the grass with the light in the right place.

Thank you Arco and It does help a lot, just such a hard decision for me to pick the type of purple I want.

I looked at that paint website and it looks like they offer different paint processes for each color. Does that mean I can use a single stage for the jams, engine compartment and trunk than base/clear the outside? If so great as it would save moolah and time.

Airwolf i'm not sure but to tell you the truth for what i paid and what i got it was well worth it and to boot i still have paint left over about little more than an 1/8 of base coat.But my painter was not in pressed with the clear coat. He prefers the diamont clear coat.

Hey fst-360 i know how you feel and i wish you could see it in person the pics dont even show the real color as vibrantly as it really is.

And thanks Divenut

hey arco thx for the link but wen you got your gauges did they come already assembled for your dash or did u have to do that part

ok some new paint pics hope they give you a better idea of the color.Instead of trying to get a full body shot i concentrated on so in close pics.Hope this is going to help let me know.I wish i could drive it to the park and take the pics with better lighting but i get a eastern exposure so by the time i get to take pics the sun works against me.
Arco

any updates on the car? how is it coming?

Attachments

• IM000823.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IM000822.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 269
  • IM000821.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 268
some more pics

Attachments

• IM000824.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 251
  • IM000825.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 246
  • IM000826.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 259
Yes the color is very nice and up close looks like what I want, its just so hard for me to commit, but im sure by the time your car is fully driveable and out when its sunny i will make my decision. As of now its between this one and HOK pavo purple

I'm sure what ever color you chose you will be happy.I know as i and everyone must have these same feelings.Good luck....

Arco440 !!! You have allot of beauty jumping out on your Duster :blob::thumbrig:
I am so happy that you have it home now and looking sooooo good :glasses7:
Yes this thread and your build will help allot of members for years to come
Congratulations Arco440 :sunny:
My day will come soon to start a thread like this and say Victoria has a new skin on and shinning ready to show off to all my friends that have some great show cars :glasses7:
Your's sounds and looks perrrrrfect :rock: thank you for sharing :thumbup:

Attachments

• mike,scar.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 222
-
Back