Finally Picked My Color

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
Today was the first real exciting day I have had with this project in almost two years. My car is going in for the first coat of primer this week. Decided to go ahead and pick my color. It is supposed to be V2-Hemi Orange, but it appears to have a slight hint of metal flake in it. Would that be right for a 69 model year paint code? Either way, this is the spray out chip as he gets it ready. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter all the time.

Good for you. It's hard to make a color decision sometimes. Paint jobs cost a premium and you want to make sure you'll like it after it's done. Your car will look great V2. I still don't know what to paint my 66 Dart. They look terrible high impace colors and I really don't like the original gold/green. Keep us posted on your progress. Fresh paint is really exciting!

Can't go wrong with orange...

Attachments

• orange car.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 446
V2 or EV2 was not available for Darts or any dodge in '69
..but you can paint it any colour you like!

V2 or EV2 was not available for Darts or any dodge in '69
..but you can paint it any colour you like!

Right. The only orange available on 69 Darts was 999, and I don't think that was even a standard available color. But I like V2 better.

I saw a 69 dart in orang with a black stripe the other day and it looked GOOD!

Ive been thinking about paint colours and that oarnge dart looked good!

You can't choose your face, but you can always pick your nose....

A buddy of mine has a original paint 69 dart swinger. 340 4spd, bench seat & "hemi orange" paint. The orange has metallic in it.

Well the mixture that the paint guy put together using that original paint code most definitely had fine metal in it. That is fine with me; it just surprised me because I did not know. It will definitely be eye-popping in the sunlight. And a black vinyl stripe is going on the back and a trunk trim panel across the rear.

original hemi orange did not have metallic in it.
Sure it did. Even the tiny sample of "V2" Tor-Red or Hemi Orange on the '70 Chrysler DuPont paint chip chart looks slightly metallic. It's the best high-impact color they ever had. If done right, any Mopar painted this color will knock your socks off!

My 72Challenger was Hemi Orange with some metallic in it. If I remeber correctly it is gold not silver

A friend has a Challenger with extra metallic in it that is beautiful in the sun

View attachment image.jpg

Orange is one of my favorite car colors

I don't know what color my duster is, some orange
but if I got to pick a colour, it would be EL5 all day long

They'll certainly see you comin.

I had my 66 Chevelle SS painted Hemi Orange and it look great. Although my Chevy friends called it the great pumpkin.

I took Hemi orange and then customized it by adding gold pearl. This is whats going on my '67 notch and i can't wait to see how it looks!

Attachments

• 12486069_10205121670750699_9141646000227424611_o.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 157
-
Back