finally progress !! RPM'S '74 Duster

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
Well alot of you know the situation in the long coming body work and paint on my car. Finally seeing some progress. Yes i did everything backwards on my car..... the body and paint came last..... but then again.... its been a 18 year project. I wanted to drive it some :)

So here are some beginning pic's of the work in progress.

CIMG2869.jpg

CIMG2867.jpg

CIMG2868.jpg

CIMG2865.jpg

lower rear quarters are going to be replaced, doors and glass and hood etc... will all be removed and finnessed as well. just taking care of some highs and lows and dings and dents right now.... more to follow.....

CIMG2869.jpg

CIMG2869.jpg

CIMG2867.jpg

CIMG2867.jpg

CIMG2868.jpg

CIMG2868.jpg

CIMG2865.jpg

CIMG2865.jpg

Now in case you never spent any time in the chat room, here is what the car has looked like for the past few years before the body work started.

P6141645.jpg

2005show_S3010010.jpg

Has taken in (2) 2nd place finishes and (1) 3rd place finishes at shows just in primer.....in the under construction class...

Now thanks to 73dartswinger (Mike) and his photoshop skills he gave me a idea of how I wanted my car to end up looking.... colors are close.... but here is the idea.. we will see how close we come..

mikesversion.jpg

P6141645.jpg

P6141645.jpg

2005show_S3010010.jpg

2005show_S3010010.jpg

mikesversion.jpg

mikesversion.jpg

Oh my gosh, that car is gonna look sweet like that!!

There is a 75 Dodge truck for sale right down the street with that same color scheme.
It is absolutely stunning looking.
That would look cool pulling your car on a trailer like that, but it does not look like you are the trailering type.

Thanks cudaspaz, on the contrary the car will be somewhat a trailer queen, I will be hitting some car shows in a 300 miles radius of me. So It will indeed see some trailer time.

-RPM

woah...progress, i'm almost in shock :p

Looking good Scott we wont talk about how much it cost for you to get this far LOL just playin with ya. Can't wait to see it done....

P.S....your msn been workin?

Man you give me hope....18 year love affair huh. Looks great. She'll look awesome in her new skin.

ok so I have done a poor job of keeping my documentation of the body work up to date.... guess I am tooo busy. Here are some of the newer pics, however we are almost ready to paint now and these were taken a few weeks ago..... but shows some of the progress.

here is the front of the car..... lots of primer and losts of sanding dust flying around.

CIMG3057.jpg

here is a pic of the left rear lower quarter patch panel that had been just replaced, still needs finnessed, but over all came out real nice.

CIMG3056.jpg

another shot of the drivers side of the car, lots of sanding and smoothing....car wasnt this smooth from the factory....

CIMG3055.jpg

here is a shot of passenger side, at the time of photo a little more work needed here and final alignments of panels yet to be done.... but looking pretty good.

CIMG3054.jpg

passenger side lower rear 1/4 panel all spliced in and lookin smooth !

CIMG3052.jpg

probably next photos will be painted !

CIMG3057.jpg

CIMG3057.jpg

CIMG3056.jpg

CIMG3056.jpg

CIMG3055.jpg

CIMG3055.jpg

CIMG3054.jpg

CIMG3054.jpg

CIMG3052.jpg

CIMG3052.jpg

So...was it worth the wait? haha looking good Scott I'm very envious of your right now :p

-
Back