Finally ran dart.

-

340RT

Reaction score
Built for wife in 99. Raced once in 99. 14.3 98 mph. Collapsed lifter that weekend, wife said no more racing. Street cruiser from then on. Wife passed away 2 years ago. I respected her wishes. No racing. Then my son bought 99 dak rt. went to the drags with him and i was hooked again. I broke down and took it to chrysler power classics. Same place it raced 16 yrs earlier at the same event. 13.6. 100 mph. I wonder what it would have run if i was allowed to run it hard back then when it was fresh. Street tires, 3.23 gear. 360. 650 dp Holley 1.88 j heads. 2200 stall. Shift kit dont grab gears like she used to. SS springs are soft now too. Frame ties in future.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 738
Gotta follow your bliss man, that's what she would have wanted! My condolences, and congratulations!

Yes. Dak had issues. Son not happy. Tore down dak hours after we got home from track 14.8 at norwalk. 15.1 at national trails.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 650
A friend of mine has a 2000 Dakota RT with a PowerDyne supercharger on it and it has run a 8.24 in the 1/8. He took the belt off and it ran a 9.32 on motor.

Nice going. The 67 360 mild Cuda I built went 13.60s @ 101. These mild combos, are so much fun.

Old 70s cragars lug holes too small for new lugnut shanks. 4" bolt pattern putting in new studs, need too drill out old cragars too accept new lugnuts, they don't make the old style thin wall shanks no more. We modified 3 new lugnut shanks with dremel to get to fit. May not be safest thing to do . We did that fri at the track. Thought we were gonna run low 15s wasn't to concerned about stressing the wheels . Well 13s different story. Now concerned about safety. Knew i should have converted to big bolt pattern in 99. Wife bought these cragars so i left it alone. Will it be safe to hone out lug holes in the old cragars to fit new lug shanks. Putting in longer studs Using pass thru lugs also

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 529
drilling out the holes in the rim is much better then grinding the nuts. Since the nuts do the centering unlike a stock wheel that has a center register to center it. A 11/16 reamer would be better if you have access to one

Ahhh ,remember my old 5 on 4" small bolt pattern S/S wheels. That specialty wheel hardware,can get expensive really quick.

I have a set of Centerline Auto drag wheels that is 4 in. bolt pattern I use to have on my Demon.

D-50394 would u be interested in selling. I really dont want to drill cragars.

Complete list of Wheel Vintiques Chrysler Rallye Wheels

Wheel Vintiques 61-4854458 - Wheel Vintiques Chrysler Rallye Wheels

Representative Image
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
Wheel Vintiques#939-61-4854458
61-Series Chrysler Rallye Wheel
Size: 14'' x 8''
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4"
Rear Spacing: 4-5/8''
FREESHIPPING
& HANDLING! $129.99 Order Today Ships 07/22/15
If you find a Company with a lower advertised price on the same item we will match it
Just give us the total "To Your Door" delivered price including all shipping & Handling Charges
Quick Price Match Confirmation and immediate processing

How to Price Match

*$+ *$= $
XXXX.XX Skip Price Match
Add to Wish List

OverviewSpecification

Chrysler Rallye Reproduction Wheels

These Chrysler Rallye Rims are available powder coated silver with standard 5 x 4-1/2'' (56 Series) or the 5 x 4'' (61 Series) bolt patterns. They are also available chrome plated with the standard 5 x 4-1/2'' (49 Series) bolt pattern. They feature a factory appearance like the originals, but unlike other manufacturers wheels these are able to use the factory Chrysler hubcaps, acorn/conical lug nuts, and trim rings (all sold separately). Made in the USA.

Features:
OEM lug nut, hubcap, and trim ring compatible
Steel construction
Correct factory-matched silver finish or show quality chrome finish
Required Lug Nuts

Acorn/Conical

U

Click Here for Wheel Installation Accessories
Items you have recently viewed
See more recently viewed items >>

M&H MSS-002 - M&H Muscle Car D.O.T. Drag Tires
Only $197.99
Order Today
Ships 07/20/15

Yukon Gear YPDOC8.89 - Yukon Gear & Axle Dropout Third Member Cases
Only $367.12
Order Today
Ships 07/22/15

Cragar 09080 - Cragar Wheel Center Caps
Only $12.24

Ships Today

Wheel Installation Accessories
Wheel Lug Nuts, Studs \&\ Spacers
Air Valve Stems, Stem Caps \&\ Wheel Weights
Tire Pressure Gauges, Tire Durometer \&\ TPMS Sensors
Tools

Went with rally's from summit. 14x7. Can run current tires

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 274
Jegs do have lugnuts for those cragars, Was there yesterday to get lugnuts for rallys , had cragars with me , physically checked for fit, got part number too. Oh well kinda like the rally look

Bolted in mopar frame ties last night Waiting on neighbors to wake up so i can get it out and see if thet make difference in launches.

Had dart out all day just cruisin, need to take to test an tune weds at national trail weds before nats

Keep working the chassis & fine tuning... The majority of improvement, there.

-
Back