Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Frontend mods = A painted "air brush" Nose and loose the front bumper =P~
Or are we talking tube front end work :thumrigh::drinkers:
I had Salmon and Asparagus spears with a couple frosted mugs I just had to ask :-D
RMS UCA,s and hymed strut rods for now,I,m keeping my eyes open for some tubular lowers now.$$$$8):read2:

Today I pulled the frontend apart,UCA,LCA,struts,torsion bars etc..I,m replacing everything except the V8 draglink LOL.I was thinking about tubular LCA,s,but will just sandblast and paint mine and some new bushings.I,ll also weld the stiffening plates on them.Here,s a couple pics of my 44 yr old LCA bushings.I can,t believe how straight my car went down the track with these worn bushings.

Oh,I,ll be starting to disassemble the car for 66 Dartman(Ed)to work his magic on it:happy10: Stay tuned..
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 010.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 008.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 009.jpg

My RMS UCA,s are in,new bushings are in the LCA,s and painted(chrome paint)I also cleaned up my torsion bars while they,re out.I have all new tie-rod ends and alumi sleeves going back on.I,ve decided to pull the K frame out and clean it up while the engine/tranny are out.(still not done yet).Just a couple pics of my chrome painted LCA,s.You,ll definetly beable to see them when danglin the O,s LOL.
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 019.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 020.jpg

Very nice!! I cant believe how well the car handled with those. A testament to yer driving skills I guess eh??

My RMS UCA,s are in,new bushings are in the LCA,s and painted(chrome paint)I also cleaned up my torsion bars while they,re out.I have all new tie-rod ends and alumi sleeves going back on.I,ve decided to pull the K frame out and clean it up while the engine/tranny are out.(still not done yet).Just a couple pics of my chrome painted LCA,s.You,ll definetly beable to see them when danglin the O,s LOL.
View attachment 191468

View attachment 191469

Good thing you decided to go through the front end. Those old bushings look dangerous. LOL The newly blasted and painted ones look great! toolman

Today I got out to the garage for a few hours,I got the engine/tranny all ready to pull out.I also got the grill and bumper off.This week I,ll get the engine/tranny out before work(afternoons)drop the K out and take it to be hot tanked,then I,ll paint it and reinstall it and get all my new frontend parts on.Strip some more parts off then it,ll be ready to go to Ed,s(66 Dartman)for paint.A couple pics of disassemble AGAIN LOL.
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 036.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 038.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 039.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 037.jpg
My original 1966 overflow bottle LOL

Ok today I got some more stuff removed from the car to make Ed,s job(66 Dartman)alittle easier and he can get down to bussiness(we,ll be having holiday refreshments when I get there)Just a couple pics to share,so you can see ahead of time what I,ve done.I left the wiper arms on for you to remove(I,ll fubb them up)The car is going for body and paint next week after boxing day.I,m getting excited to help out.Enjoy!
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 082.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 086.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 085.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 084.jpg

It will be the first time in 20 yrs there will be no car in my garage for the winter.Time for a rearranging and sorting through all the crap.Parts for sale list to follow.LOL

You sure have been busy Scott :cheers: Look at that front end man =P~=P~
Very very nize work getting dun :cheers:
Congratulations :cheers:

Looking Good, can't wait to see it painted.

Well today is my daughter Haelee Jean,s 4th birthday,this will be her 5th Christamas also.I thought I,d share a pic of the cake my 78 yr old father made for her.Enjoy!View attachment HAELEE 239.jpg

View attachment HAELEE 236.jpg

View attachment HAELEE 240.jpg

I have 2 nights left at work,then 11 days off!WooHoo!!Time to get the 66 Dart off to start the body and paint.The best part of this is I get to help and be there while Ed starts this project.I,m getting excited to be working on the car again.I know it sounds funny,but I enjoy working on it.LOL:clock::cheers:

Happy Birthday Haelee!! My little guy Aiden's 4th Christmas, Gonna be a good one this year.

Attachments

• Aiden 005.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 382
Happy "B" day Haelee.That's an awesome lookin cake i'll bet it tasted just as good, buy the look of Haelee's face and clean plate it did LOL,

I went and borrowed my friends trailer to load the 66 Dart.My friend scraps cars and this trailer has a 10,000lb wench on it.Made it very easy to pull on the trailer.I laid a thick blanket and plastic over the frontend to keep the salt off and out of the frontend while hauling 1 1/2 hrs down the hyw.I sure hope it doesn,t snow,it sure would make a mess with slush and salt.I work this evening til the wee hours in the morning.I,ll get a few hrs sleep,then it,s off to Ed,s for body/paint.WooHoo!!:wav::blob::blob::prayer::thumrigh:I,m a little excited to be having fresh paint,pics to follow..
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 087.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 088.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 089.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 090.jpg

"What's wrong with this picture?'' No snow @ your house Scott?

We have gotten off easy (so far) this year Mike. I'm sure some snow is on the way though, unfortunatly.

-
Back