Finally yanks the wheels up !

-

496dart

future prostock driver
Reaction score
Hey 496. What strip were you at? Looks like the suspension is working. Do you have a motor plate? Looks like a lot of header movement when you revved it just before take off. How much air pressure in the slicks? Toolman

Hey 496. What strip were you at? Looks like the suspension is working. Do you have a motor plate? Looks like a lot of header movement when you revved it just before take off. How much air pressure in the slicks? Toolman

Thanks guys ! 8)

Tool man -- cedar falls , into a 25mph headwind! I have schumacher mounts with a solid "torque bar" bolted to frame.The motor doesnt move that much--you are seeing a cracked header bouncing.....

the headers do that when they crack open near the head---ive been buying used Hooker fenderwells -and they all do this eventually (unless you have exhaust bolted up) . The current headers are unknown age and ive welded them at least 4 or 5 times in 2 years ! (budget racer here) . MAYBE i can buy a NEW set this winter...

air press--on that one was 11 i think. I run it 11-12 usually.

I have Hooker fenderwells and yes they broke off at the flange right under the Master Cylinder, right in the middle of a bracket race and I was winning some rounds dammit. Took em off and to a buddy to mig weld the pipes inside and outside both sides. They are made in Mexico and they use as little wire as possible to weld em. I also put a brace on both collectors and bolted it straight up thru the floor to help support em and the ends, no problems since.

ahhh---i have already fabbed collecter supports but never installed them - so they help 67fish? how many passes have you made with the supports ?

ive mig welded this pair inside and out--and it seems like i have to every other race

thinking of going to the Hedmans

Im sorry, we tig welded not mig welded, not theres that much difference but the guy is one of the best there is at tig welding. The headers have no less than 2,500 passes on em, at least 15 years old, all with trans brake, two step launches with wheels in the air. I think I have about 400 passes on em after the welding and supports, thats a lot of weight hanging off of the end of em. Also I have a motor plate and mid plate so that cuts down on vibration.

Tool man -- cedar falls , into a 25mph headwind!

You must've been there last Saturday. The air was nice and dry, but I'm sure the wind was horrible. My dad and I try to be regulars at CFR, I'll have to keep my eyes open for your car. I run a purple 73 Scamp (til the end of the year) and my dad runs an orange 71 Challenger.

I was there the night before...the air was calm, cool, and dry. Managed my best times ever that night ([email protected] with a 1.818 60') and had one of my slicks go flat as I rolled into the lights for the last run of the night.

yep- i was there saturday.
i rarely go up there because i only live 1 hour from eddyville

You must've been there last Saturday. The air was nice and dry, but I'm sure the wind was horrible. My dad and I try to be regulars at CFR, I'll have to keep my eyes open for your car. I run a purple 73 Scamp (til the end of the year) and my dad runs an orange 71 Challenger.

I was there the night before...the air was calm, cool, and dry. Managed my best times ever that night ([email protected] with a 1.818 60') and had one of my slicks go flat as I rolled into the lights for the last run of the night.

I haven't been out there for a couple years now. I'm missin' out meeting you guys.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 172
  • mike schmitz.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 173
  • chris schmitz.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 168
i dont know them - but i know that car --its a stick car --big wheelstands and BIG rpm's ! .

-
Back