finally!!!!!!

-

mrnurse

Reaction score
ok, I have been looking for almost a year for my car.....1970 swinger.....about two weeks ago i find one on Craigs list. call the guy and make arrangements to buy the car. fast foward. the car was supposed to be delivered today..........well, yesterday I got home and a few of my friends had come over one to have a few beers............on to borrow a drill........me and my buddies walked outside and was hanging out infront of the garage when i saw out of the corner of my eye a truck drive by with a dart on a trailor.......just like the one in the pictures from craigs list............well guess what. it was mine. my wife called and had the guy bring it a day early and called my buddies up so they could be there when I got the car. my brother showed up as well as one of my neighbors who is a car guy too!!!!!! this night rocked!!!!! my wife surprised me with the car early, my buddies came over and hung out!!!!! so now I am the proud owner of a 1970 dart swinger!!!!!! cant wait to start working on it now. so I will post some pictures of my toy when I figure out how.

Welcome aboard. Pictures please!

Congratulations and here's to that sweetheart of a wife.:drinkers:

Pics,we need pics.

awesome, hopefully that will be me next week, my car is scheduled to be picked up in kansas on monday and on its way to connecticut, im so excited

Congradulations and as a prerequisite to be on this forum you must post pictures, when you can find the time of course.:toothy10:

Boy my wife gave me a dirty look when I brought the Demon home and think she asked something concerning money. You've got a "keeper" Mrnurse, you want to trade.

Terry

I kinda like the 70 !!!!!!!

Congrats man,I know exactely how yer feeling right now !!!!! :blob6:

faucet pics 1135.jpg

ok. I have taken several pictures of the dart. and let me start off by saying this is a project not a already running beauty queen.......by no stretch. but it is the year I wanted and the price was right. as soon as i figure out how to post pictures, I will. thanks for all the great welcomes and I will try to start a restoration topic and keep it updated as i do stuff. so far the car is a 1970 dart. i think it was gold in color but at some point they painted it green. it is a 318 auto small diff car. a/c, no power steering, manual 4 wheel drum brakes(the small ones i am sure). my buddy who owns a sweet *** 68 charger came over night before last and we removed all the engine compartment a/c stuff.......it is not going back in it. it is a complete car that so far I am more than pleased with. both front floor pans and the passemnger side trunk floor extension will need to be replaced and som patch work around the back window. another friend of mine is gonna help me fab up a front and rear suspension mini tub the rear and patch all the rust. another friend owns a machine shop and he is gonna help with my engine work. I have built this car in my head and on paper about a thousand times. so now it is time for real. not sure of a time frame but I am not chip foose so there will be not miracle week long resto here. . . . . .wish me luck

The feeling is awesome... like a little kid at Christmas! I remember it as well.
Congrats and welcome... great site- great people- abundance of info avail.
Looking forward to the pics. Enjoy!

nice surprise from the wife! Cool! Welcome aboard...

Aloha

now figure out how to post them pictures...we love car ****!

ok. I have taken several pictures of the dart. and let me start off by saying this is a project not a already running beauty queen.......

Welcome to FABO, mrnurse. You're gonna have fun here!
Just in case you haven't gotten the message, we don't care if your 'new' '70 Dart isn't an "already running beauty queen". In fact, we enjoy all of the 'in-progress' pics the same as the 'finished' pics. I said 'finished' because they never really are. Aren't we always doing something to make are rides even better.
Anxious to see pics of your new toy.
Oh yeah, your wife is definitely a keeper. That was a special thing your lady did for you.

-
Back