Finding certain cars

-

ibleedmoparts

Reaction score
So if Im like any normal Mopar guy/gal we always shoot for certain cars, such as a true H code car, a 4 speed, or maybe a certain color. But Im curious- How do you locate that special car? Me specifically, Ive been on the hunt for an EK2 70' Duster. I very seldom see projects like that. Im looking for tips so maybe one day I can make that happen. What or how does everyone locate that "special" one?

I looked for nearly three years for a 1966 Coronet 440 with a 383 and A/C.
Color did not matter.

Along the way I discovered they only made about 1665 of them (and that's not factoring the A/C)!

By contrast, 5,000 383 Coronet 500s were made and a whopping 18,000+ 318 Coronet 440s were made.

I don't think colors are broken down by number, but I've seen percentages.

I dont know,a customer of mine wants a 57chevy convertible builder...I havent been able to locate any...

i actually just sold a ek2 70 duster.i found mine on accident.didnt realize it till I got it home and started restoring it and found original color.when I found it.it was painted a nasty 70s metal flake color.i guess I just got lucky

I usually find all my cars by word of mouth, but I'm not looking for any particular car! One thing I know for sure is when you find something you want, you have to be ready to pounce on it, especially if its for sale!! Even if its not, I always go with $$$ to try to strike a deal!! If its out of my price range for what is there, I simply move on with no regrets! Just by asking the question here may turn up the car you seek, I don't know of any other place you can have 33,000 like minded individuals on the lookout for you!!! Geof

I guess I've always let them find me. Over the years I've run accross some uber rare stuff, thinkgs that had "cool" factor, and whatever. but I don't go looking for them. They find me...lol. This weekend I'm picking up a '65 Malibu rag top to flip - same deal. just happens to be the right time, the right car, and the right price. It was nothing I looked for.

non mopar friends

They say >Hey I know where an old mopar is, you might like....

When we were looking for a roof for the 72 Swinger

Had a friend say he knew where 2 old dodges were that looked like our 72

load up the trailer to go look..

came home with a 70 parts car for the roof
and a 70 340 4 speed swinger

gathering parts to restore it.

187.jpg

014.jpg

005-1.jpg

017.jpg

002-Copy.jpg

011.jpg

You look everywhere

I have been looking for years for a 69 dart GT or GTS to clone into my brothers car

Still have not found the right car at a price I want to pay. The closer to the right car the more I would be willing to spend.

So you just have to listen when people talk about this old car, send out feelers, check web sites

My ideal car would be a factory white bucket seats with head rest, console car, black dash or black interior. There was a blue car with white interior on here years ago without drivetrain, wish I would have been in position to buy it then.

Good luck finding the car of your dreams

-
Back