Finding original owner

-

mopar_1974

Reaction score
Just wondering on some tips to help me find the original owner of my duster and if anyone has taken this journey before.

Start with the person you bought the car from.Do they remember where they bought it from?Do you have the original owners manual?Sometimes the original owners name is in the back.Do you have any idea where it sold new,town or Dealership?Do you have any kind of paper work with past owners names on it?
I have found the original owner to all three of my Mopars.I found the original owner of my GTS last Oct.After talking to a past owner I knew what town it was from in the 80's.I started there I looked for two years with no luck.I made some flyers passed them out at local car shows and got a few leads.I finally got the car on the road and took it to a small car show in the town where I was told it was from.After 45 minutes I ran into three different people who remembered the car.One of them knew the original owner and gave me his name and phone number.
Jim

Try the dmv and see if they will do a title search for your car. If so that will probably do it.

Does it have to be the dmv of the state it was originally sold in?

I have the certi card for my Dart and have often thought of contacting the person or one of their relatives if they happen to be deceased.

I was lucky enough to find paper work for repairs in the glove box to trace my car back to the original owner. I bought my car in Pigeon Forge, TN at the spring rod run. The car was originally from Dade county Florida area. My car was with the original owner from 1972 to 1995. It then was brought to Knoxville, TN where the owners daughter took ownership until 2006. The third owner bought it with the purpose of selling it. He only had it for less than 6 months. What is really fun is using google earth to view everywhere the car ever lived. It was always in a nice garage.

Scott

-
Back