Fire Extinguisher Mounting Location

-

Criscobath

Reaction score
I'm looking for an ideal place to mount the fire extinguisher in my 73 Swinger. I can't use one of the fancy front seat mounts that sits just in front of the seat adjustment arm(s), as my floorboard is raised in that area. Also, my car doesn't have a cage to mount it to.

Any suggestions or images of what you've done in your A-Body?

Thanks!

Just to the left of your left leg there is a spot on the floor between the seat and the door that is perfect and out of the way. There is room for a bigger extinguisher that mine for sure.

Never had a problem snagging it and its been there for 5 years.

Attachments

• 20150515_084525.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 352
Did you mount it to the floorboard or the upturned plate between the sill edge and the floorboard? I was looking at mounting mine in the same location, but there's a lot of variation in floorboard height in that area.

Just stick a couple of self tapping sheet metal screws in the holes and hold it where you want it then pull the trigger. The carpet makes up the diff in elevation.

Looks good.

The reason mine is up past the seat is so if the door became locked/smashed shut I can get to the bottle still. I tested it in a few positions with the door closed and me in the seat with my belt on.

You may want to consider that.

I mounted mine behind the console.

Attachments

• fire extinguisher Dart.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 305
i bought one of these for my mustang. be easy enough to do for a mopar. surprised no one has made them for a mopar yet. may be a good business opportunity for some one..

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Looks good.

The reason mine is up past the seat is so if the door became locked/smashed shut I can get to the bottle still. I tested it in a few positions with the door closed and me in the seat with my belt on.

You may want to consider that.

That's a very good point. I thought about mounting mine further forward, but ultimately decided not to because my big *** feet would constantly hit it getting in and out of the car. Also, my floor pan is really irregular in that area and where I mounted it is relatively level.

i bought one of these for my mustang. be easy enough to do for a mopar. surprised no one has made them for a mopar yet. may be a good business opportunity for some one..

I might go that route. I'm pretty sure my welder could make one of those for about $15.

I mounted one inside on the post between my two passenger door windows up high where it was visible from the outside. It did not look bad because it was either chrome or stainless steel looking on the outside. If you look carefully in the picture just left of the dash mounted tachometer, you can see where it was mounted. Of course, this was a four door which had a little extra space there.

Attachments

• 1965 Valiant Effort.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 254
The former picture of my "Valiant Effort" in the previous thread was taken circa 1979. I sold it in 1980 to the Renteria Brothers (see youtube). Here is a picture of it today:

Attachments

• 431534_489285264434585_1957937747_n.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 209
Yall might want to think about upgrading to ghe halguard electrical and engine safe fire extinguisher, its a little costly but well worth saving clean up time and aggravation just a thought its what i run in my demon and in my DD bronco

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c1eL8I5cwIE[/ame]

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFZcvEo-LQ[/ame]

Just a suggestion

My old 69 charger i had my fire extinguisher mounted to the dash lower sill below the glovebox. Sorry no pics that was a looong time ago.

I do like the idea of it being next to the seat, or like Abodyjoes idea of mounting it to the seat in front.

Lots of great ideas guys.

-
Back