Fire jacket?

-

73Scamp318

Reaction score
I've been doing some reading and found that some tracks require a SFI 3.2a/1 fire jacket at 11.99, as opposed to the NHRA rule for 11.49, but I couldn't find any specific tracks. Has anyone been to a track where that is the case? Are there any tracks that enforce the roll bar rule at 11.99?

I'm expecting to get well into the 11s this year with the upgrades I installed this spring and want to be safe, but I'm not real keen on wearing a jacket in the dead of summer unless I need to.

I've been looking at fire jackets as well, any recommendations? I found this jacket on Pit Stop USA. Anyone have any experience with Pit Stop USA or Velocity Race Gear equipment?

Thanks.

I pulled a guy out of this car at a Pinks event.

P7030783.jpg

I was coming down the return road and he broke a crank and he barrel rolled 7-8 times down the retaining wall.

Safety equipment should not be down played because it might be a little hot out.

My trainer car started out as a 12 sec car and it has a roll bar.Son Jon
IMGP1283.jpg

Safety Always

Raceway Park in Englishtow NJ enforces the fire jacket rule. Any non factory turbo/supercharger requires the driver to wear a fire jacket. Nitrous oxide requires the driver to wear a fire jacket also. Doesnt matter what the ET is, non factory power adder requires a fire jacket.

Ok, taking into account the comments so far, I'll definitely be getting a fire jacket. I just saw the power adder rule that's been in place for a few years (but hasn't been enforced at Cedar Falls Raceway), so my dad will be needing one this year as well.

Any input on the fire jacket I linked or the Pit Stop USA store?

I would stay with the name brand safety equipment for the SFI ratings. Although Impact was banned from NHRA and IHRA for buying bogus SFI labels from China a while back, thet have since been reinstated by both sanctioning bodies. As stated in some of the other posts, your safety should be your #1 priority above all else.

I thought you needed a cage at 10.99 1/4 and 7.49 1/8th

You need a roll bar (like a 6 point) at 11.49 1/4 or 7.35 1/8 mile. You need a cage (the one with the halo) at 9.99 1/4 or 6.39 1/8 mile.

For what its worth, a 7.49 in the 1/8 is somewhere in the high 11's in the 1/4 mile (about 11.87 ish).

-
Back