Firearms for sale?

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am going to be getting rid of a few that came from my family that were given to me, and I was wondering if it is acceptable to offer them to you all first?
Is this ok with FABO?
I couldn't find rules about it for the classifieds.

Thanks

Hey all,
I am going to be getting rid of a few that came from my family that were given to me, and I was wondering if it is acceptable to offer them to you all first?
Is this ok with FABO?

Thanks

I would be interested. There may be laws governing the sale, even private party to private part. Might want to research that a little. PM me with contact or more info.

shipping might be tough, also im not sure how legal it is to sell firearms to people in different states without a federal firearms liscence. i usually just get a firearm bill of sale off the internet and use it but this may require more than that.

Always interested in guns. However, if you are selling them on the internet or when they have to ship to the buyer, I am pretty sure they have to ship to an FFL dealer. In person you can usually do what you want. Let's see a list. I am a sucker for new guns!

They aren't anything special, I just don't need em.
One is a sears bolt action 20ga with choke.
One 9mm semi auto Mac 10
One is a middle eastern or Russian rifle rebarreled to 300 savage.

I don't have all of them here yet so I can't give much more info.
Picking them up today, as we need to get them away from my Fathers house since he does things like try to drink out of the salt shaker and eat his glasses and sits around jamming rounds in them and closing bolts in the damn house.

Poor old guy is loosin it.

private party to private party legally requires an ffl transfer. if not shipping i have never did the ffl thing.

I'm thinking all but the Mac 10 might not even be worth the whole mess.
You auto legal guys might like that one.
Totally illegal here without a Fed license.

I'm thinking all but the Mac 10 might not even be worth the whole mess.
You auto legal guys might like that one.
Totally illegal here without a Fed license.
10 years without the paperwork according to a buddy who has 6 or 7 automatics.....

Your best and probably safest bet would be to find a gun shop local to you that would take them on consignment and sell them for you.

Your best and probably safest bet would be to find a gun shop local to you that would take them on consignment and sell them for you.
j & g has a class 3 license, does the mac have papers?

Hey all,
Is this ok with FABO?

Thanks

Send a PM to member "bargeahead".....He is a firearms dealer in IL and can probably help U.

Also, I wouldn't list any here on FABO without permission from Joeychgo/administrator

Sounds like a good idea to get them out of Dad's house.

Good point ink...I didnt think about paper work for the mac. Major fumble on that one. No papers things could get sketchy..if that were the case id lock it up and stash it away.

One of our members I believe has an FFL, He's even in Illinois, the most anti-gun state we have, I think!! Can't remember who..................

The sale would have to go through and ship through FFL to FFL.
Completely legal to do this. If there was a problem with a certain type of firearm going to a certain state, that's for the FFL to let you know.

just read the mac is a semi, no different than selling a 1911. last I was thru that area there was a shop called Prescott Valley Guns, they used to consign stuff. I know of someone that would take whatever you have, just have to get a hold of him.....

The semi-automatic M10 should be "civilian transferable" and should not require a class 3 license because it was grandfathered in 1982 when they banned further production. The biggest complication would be state/local laws and shipping.

Edit: That's what I get for tabbed browsing....takes forever to get through all my tabs and by then, there is another half-dozen replies.

Thanks Ink, they are still here and that's probably actually my best bet.
No papers on any of them, since my family on my Dads side is from OK. and didn't believe in ANYONE knowing what they had.
In one of the ones I'm going to keep I found my Grandfathers name and address buried in the sawdust in the stock.

I would lock that mac 10 up in a safe and leave it in the house, until you get it in your name before you take it out the house...or you will get locked up. My friend used to live in Arizona says all you need is a Arizona driver license and a clean FBI back ground check.. Then if you sell it out of state it has to go FFL TO FFL dealer only. That would be one cool gun

They do not have to ship from an FFL to comply with federal laws but must ship to a valid FFL. Some states may require that they also ship from and FFL but not the federal government. Additionally many states allow private sales of long guns to people in adjacent states without going through an FFL - but if you ship them I think they will still need to go through the dealer. The OP didn't say if the MAC 10 was full or semi auto? Most are semi auto and are regular handguns.

They do not have to ship from an FFL to comply with federal laws but must ship to a valid FFL. Some states may require that they also ship from and FFL but not the federal government. Additionally many states allow private sales of long guns to people in adjacent states without going through an FFL - but if you ship them I think they will still need to go through the dealer. The OP didn't say if the MAC 10 was full or semi auto? Most are semi auto and are regular handguns.

Semi auto
I seem to remember reading that if transferring state to state that each states law requirements must be met.

Hey I got it!
Anybody want to buy a bunch of Mac 10 parts?
We have all parts for the Mac in stock.:finga:

Semi auto
I seem to remember reading that if transferring state to state that each states law requirements must be met.

Yes, you will want to also comply with your state laws. There are only a few states that require an out of state sale to originate with an FFL in that state. You will need to check on your state. The receiving dealer will know what needs to be done on his end but I don't think there are any states that mandate a receiving dealer receive from an FFL - there are dealers that are not comfortable if they don't receive from a dealer though...

For a face to face within your own state comply with state law.

For a sale to a resident of another state the firearm must be shipped to a FFL. ( suggest going to FFL E-Z Check to be sure receiving FFL is valid )

A handgun may not be sent thru USPS by other than a FFL and must ship by common carrier ( $ ).

A long gun may be sent thru USPS by other than a FFL. Check local post office for advice since all USPS employees may not be aware of the reg's.

It is the frame of a handgun or the receiver of a long gun that is the serial numbered part that is the firearm itself re BATFE.

I've sold a few guns thru FABO classified with Joey's consent but stopped because I felt it was taking advantage of the site. With that said; you may be able to sell thru FABO classified since it is a one time thing.

If you ship to a FFL include copies of your DL and/or other photo ID. The receiving FFL must have specific data for receiving from a non-FFL. If sent from someone with little or no personal data the FFL would be within their best interests to contact BATFE and hold the firearm until the BATFE checks things out. We have a VERY specific log book that EVERY firearm must be entered into when received and transferred out and woe betide the FFL who screws THE BOOK up or fails to comply with reg's.

PLEASE, DO NOT take down to components and mail a serial numbered frame or receiver. You could find yourself in a world of hurt.

If you need any further advice PM me to exchange e-mail addys.

Regards, Roger

-
Back