Fired up my 63 yesterday !

-

383man

Reaction score
Yes I fired up my Max Wedge look alike eng in my 63 yesterday. Ah man does she sound sweet. I ran her until I broke the cam in and she was at 180. No major leaks and all seems to being going well. If it keeps going well I hope to hit the local cruise hangout Sat night. Here is a few eng pics. Ron

179824314.jpg

Thanks for the kind replies. I went out and fired her up after work today and she went of on the first crank. Set the total timing at 36 for now and got my driveshaft from Mancini today so I will take it to work on Friday and finish the exh on the lift and align the front end. I will get alot of pics of the car this weekend also. Ron

That`s very nice Ron. I`m sure it feels good to have it all back together and fired up! I see your car has wipers, and I imagine it still has a heater, so where is all of the workings for the accessories, behind a panel?

Dam, that looks real nice Ron. I think we'd all be interested in the times she'll run. One caution though is that plastic fuel filter on top of the engine, I would have located it over on the fender or go to one of them aluminum high pressure jobs. Just my opinion Ron for what it's worth. :headbang:

Thanks again for the kind replies. The plastic clear fuel filter was just for start up as I wanted to make sure fuel was at the carb before I started it. It is getting replaced by a stainless steel in line filter. All of the accessories are in the stock location. The heater and wiper switches are on the dash. The only aftermarket gauges I added are oil press and water temp and they are under the ash tray at the bottom edge of the dash. Ron

maybe longgone was refereing to your motors for the wipers and blower..

where is that?
i dont know your car very well and im curious if it is under the dash or if you relocated it!

Cerwin

Cerwin said:
maybe longgone was refereing to your motors for the wipers and blower..

where is that?
i dont know your car very well and im curious if it is under the dash or if you relocated it!

Cerwin
Yup, that I was!

-
Back