Firestone Firehawk 500 Indy tires

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
I`ve been sorting through a ton of different tires trying to find a set that would be a good combination of performance for street/strip/curves and look good. Initially I wanted to go with a retro look and I even thought of going with bias-ply tires. They look great and hook well but when it comes to ride and handling I don`t like them at all. After driving my Dart with the redline bias-plys to several shows I know that I don`t want to go that route. I`ve got BFG T/A radials on it now and they just do not hook at all. I was thinking of Nitto NT555`s but they don`t last long nor do they have a matching front tire. (15`s) I`ve read good reviews about Firestone Firehawk 500 Indy radial tires. They seem to do most everything better than the T/A`s but not near as good as the Nitto`s for traction. Has anybody used the Firehawk tires and what do you think of them?

I have had a set on my '69 Bee since 2005. I like them. They ride good and they hook up fairly well on the street (440/727/3.55, maybe 425 hp). No complaints so far.

I have had a set on my '69 Bee since 2005. I like them. They ride good and they hook up fairly well on the street (440/727/3.55, maybe 425 hp). No complaints so far.

Thanks for the reply wish4, for now I`ve bought a pair of drag radials to have some fun but I think I`m still going to pick up a set of the Firestones for cruising.

I have Firehawk tires on my Duster. They are great tires on the street, no complaints at all. But if you go to the track they probably won't hook up.

I know I will catch crap for this, but I was running Toyo Proxies on my Val until a caring carpenter took them out on the 405. (They would've made good snow tires after that). I loved the ride and grip of those tires.

got them on my RR ride nice.

68 RR 383 4-speed (43) (640x480).jpg

-
Back