-
Status
Not open for further replies.

unknownsnake

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
well I seen this a long time go. Someone made alum. plates to go over heater motor and what not. Does anyone still make them? I don't want to weld them over in case I want to change car back later.

May be not what your looking for not sure, But I would be happy to make you some panels if you can provide a temple and what you want it to look like. We do all kinds of sheet metal work at my shop. We built this firewall to look like a heater delete car.
Tim

Attachments

• 267905_10150243830353877_163984078876_7707542_3275647_n.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 199
i just used the "ring" and sandwiched a piece of aluminum behind it...

Attachments

• 100_4731.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 201
ya let me know if you find a shop that makes them. I know I seen some guy on there that made them. I am sure he stopped due to not many people buying. Maybe someone will ring in and point me in his direction.

Ya that would work to but when I got the car it was all gone already and my car is a ac car so need that covered up to.

Hey, I've been interested in an A/C blower motor block off plate too. Kind of a curious thing because if someone ordered an A/C car, why would it be blocked off? And if you didn't want A/C, you would simply not buy it. 40 years later if you buy an old car, it is what it is but if you're like me, for whatever reason you may not want A/C.

An A/C blower motor is totally different than the heat only, there's no ring that bolts to the firewall so you need to come up with a sort of triangular shape to accommodate the larger and differently shaped hole. It's frustrating that the firewalls are totally different too, you can't just get the circular ring and bolt it on.

I would love for someone with some fab skills (not me) to come up with a 'factory looking' piece. I've seen the CNC machined ones that 1fast383 was selling. Indeed, they are nice looking parts but I'd rather have a more OE type piece. Probably thinner sheet metal, no engraving or border and easily painted to look 'correct'. :dontknow:

I love delete plates, they just scream factory race car!

It was 1FAST383 who was making them. I got one for the wiper motor blank off and one for the heater fan.

I asked to see if he had the measurements. My friends dad has a shop so that seems the way I have to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back