First 8 3/4 assembly

-

951mopar

Reaction score
I am attempting my first 8 3/4 rearend assembly and I have a few questions. First, let me list what I am assembling. It is a 741 with richmond 3.55, Auburn suregrip, A-body housing, axles from Dr. Diff with green bearings. The center section is already assembled with all new gears and suregrip.

Should I used a little silicone or AVT on the center section gasket or go without?

What kind of grease for the bearings?

I have the additive for the rearend fluid, but what brand of fluid should be used. Any input or advice other than was mentioned above would be appreciated. I do not want put it together and installed and have to remove it. Just trying to avoid mistakes.:burnout:Thanks

I use the re-useable rubber gasket between 3rd member and housing, if you don't have that available you can use RTV it will do the job just make sure the surface is clean and give it time to dry. I just use a good gear oil and I always put the additive in with it.

I have the rubber gasket, Im just trying to get ideas others have used and what works the best. Thanks for your reply.

-
Back