First Car, First Barracuda

-

majc11

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
Glad to be part of your group. My name is Phillip, looking for your advice, and support as I restore my very first car, 1964 Barracuda. Bought the car back in 1972 when I was 15, from the original owner. This is my Baby. :prayer:
She still runs and needs some rust repairs and all new carpet. Here is a picture. You will notice it is missing the front bumper, any suggestions on where I can find one?

Attachments

• First Barracuda.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 285
Welcome to FABO, nice fish! My dads very first car was a 1966 Barracuda he bought in 1975 or 1976, he restored it in 1986 and still has it :glasses7:

You could start a thread in the "Parts wanted" section, I am sure somebody here has one they would sell, any more pictures?

Attachments

• Picture 4455.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 281
  • scan0005.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 289
  • scan0001.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 283
  • scan0002.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 256
  • scan0003.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 268
Welcome! My 64 arrived without a front bumper too. I picked one up on here. I'm actually looking to replace it, this one is bent a little and I don't have the means to straighten it.

Usually have some re-chromed ones on ebay here and there.

Welcome Phillip! I like the Cuda.

Born in Montgomery Co, But i spent a lot of my early days hanging out and working over your way. Some good street action back then around Laurel & Odenton...:D.

Welcome from Denver, CO. I've got a 66 myself. Love the gen 1 styles!! Post any questions you may have and the members will be glad to help.
Mike

Welcome from North Carolina. Love the car and congrats on "keeping" it all these years. My first was a 66, bought it in 68 and sure wish I had kept it.

You will get some great support here.

Welcome to FABO.

For your bumper, stay away from Bumper Boys, there are a few negative threads with them in it.... Especially do not buy one from them with the promise that they will ship it to you later.... and reports of cracking chrome after a couple/few years.

Congratulations on your car.
Stay calm spares of this generation are very scarce.
photo.php

Howdy and Welcome aboard,
That's a great looking car ya have there and as others have mentioned post what your needs are In the wanted section. I recently parted two 65's and have some spare parts but a usable front bumper was one of the first things to go.

Got a great compliment on mine the other day from this Young Fox that moved in across the street recently " How are you and your SEXY car doing today?" I've always loved the early Cuda's line's but never really equated them with SEXY till she mentioned it and the comment swelled my head, yeah both of em HaHa !

Nope, didn't tell the old lady either,Lol

Attachments

• 00y0y_alXql3bS8iN_600x450-1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 106
Welcome Phillip! Your from close to my old stomping grounds.

Been 2 months.....Where you at? :)

-
Back