First car show!

-

DadGum_Teen

Reaction score
I was a little anxious about getting accepted at first, but I received an approval letter today for the Darryl Starbird 46th Tulsa show this weekend!
Any other FABO Oakies gonna be there?

I'm still a little confused about the fire hazard rules though. What do they mean by "No tire dressing is allowed in the building..." Do they mean no tire shine?? I sure hope not.

I still have some final touches to do tomorrow (Camera doesn't show detail) but here's what it's looking like.

And to stop any confusion, two of the photos of the car were with the previous paint. If anyone is interested about the transformation from A-Z I might make a thread. And sadly, the engine bay still looks the same as in the picture. I didn't had enough money to paint the bay, it will have to be done at a later time.

SSPX0527.jpg

P1020518.jpg

SSPX0523.jpg

P1020095.jpg

Photo-0003.jpg

inside duster.jpg

SSPX0527.jpg

SSPX0523.jpg

P1020518.jpg

P1020095.jpg

Photo-0003.jpg

inside duster.jpg

Cool that your car is going to be in the show !
Nice Car !

Are you running a full "manual" shift valve body ? I just dont see a kick down linkage set up.

-RPM

Sounds like a cool deal that your car were acepted for the show,and your car is looking pretty damn sweet too. Good luck!

Very nice Duster. Congrats on being accepted to the show.

One point about the show that caught my eye though is the name of the show. "Darryl Starbird" ??? I seem to remember Toad in American Graffiti saying that Steves 58 Impala was better than Darryl Starbird's SuperFleck Moonbird. Has anyone ever seen this Moonbird?

Anyway, I do like the your Duster, just enough personal touches but not too much deviation from the 'stock' base appearance...SWEET....

I don't remember when I took that engine picture, It might have not been running yet. But I have the same factory valve body and do have the kickdown linkage.

And for the cal-trac, I actually love them. I went from the slant six leafs to the 340 leafs and the traction bars. Helped so much! It rides firm, but it's not harsh at all.

I haven't seen the Moonbird, I don't think. Maybe both toads and darryls car were 58 Chevy's?

-
Back