first early a body project

what to do with the 62 plymouth valiant

• Total voters
-
Here's a couple pics of the motor

IMAG0275-1.jpg

IMAG0276-1.jpg

Looking great. Maybe some day I will turbo my /. please, keep the pics comming!!!!!!

personally ive wanted to customize the hell out of one of those for a few years, lots of subtle body mods and some not so subltle. but i alsoo agree with the 400 w/ 440 internals as the engine.

I am in awe,FANTASIC job so far,have you fired it up yet?You will bee so glad you went the slant route.All other choices were too easy and common.I personally want to thank you for going the slanted way,,,,,unless the car is brutally fast,gets the record,and I cant build a motor to beat ya.Guzzi Mark

Mark no I haven't started it yet since I installed the bov I'm in the middle of rebuilding. The front end I should have it back together tomorrow ill post a video if all goes well
I dropped. Off the drive shaft today to be cut to length and balanced then I have to land my brake lines
Aaron

http://static.photobucket.com/playe...cket.com/albums/h431/srixon4406/VIDEO0011.mp4

I don't no if u seen this video this was taking about two weeks ago!enjoy

Hot 6 with a turbo! V8 aint gonna fit that heater box thing or firewall without distributor dimple, Big block is alot of work, but stock Hi-po logs make it fit pretty good. They are very light bodies.

Well I had sometime this morning so I thought I'd pull the motor and trans and do some investigating on the vibration issues I was having and to do some chassis work
After I removed the trans my problem was pretty easy to see the ARP fly wheel bolts came loose. Next time ill loc tight them down so hopefully I won't have that problem again
Once I finish welding my header I can work on getting this thing back together I'm hoping spring but will see

Here's s couple pics of the new Turbo header
IMG_20120321_073108.jpg

IMG_20120321_073127.jpg

The car is getting ready too get the frame rails tied and a roll bar installed then ill be ready to start getting the TOAD back together

That custom exhaust is an amazing amount of work. I bet if a company offered similar ones pre-built for a common turbo, they would sell like hot-cakes if reasonably priced.

Here's a short video clip I took over the weekend I'm in the final stages of phase 1 of this project more to come after I get her back together

[ame="http://youtu.be/2Y4i4UOLiSA"]302 Found[/ame]

Thanks for the kind words that header was a PITA that took me way too long to make but im very happy so far
I run into a small hurdle since I took that video my ignition took a dump so installed one of TrailBeast Hei kits on and i also took my test turbo off and installed my dual ball bearing turbo and plumbed in the water cooled intake
Here's a couple pics of the tubular lower rad support I installed last week but I still need to weld in some mounting tabs for the lower valance. The chassis is about all done the frame is tied and the roll bar is installed and the car is back up and running as of yesterday I plan to start doing some tuning in the next couple of days

IMG_20120907_183205.jpg

IMG_20120907_183209.jpg

This was taken today with the lower valance all mounted I also drove it for the first time yesterday you can watch the video on my turbo build thread

[ame="http://youtu.be/LV-21Jg1KDM"]302 Found[/ame]

-
Back