First fire-up of the duster this year.

-
Well the good news is that at 68, fat, out of shape, and ugly I can still drive it into the trailer and climb out the window.

IMG_2661.jpeg

sounds good. hopefully in a week or so i can fire up my junk. if everything goes smoothly, May 11 is a test and tune that i want to attend. all i have to do is put intake back on.

That's bookin' 9.50's or so in the quarter? I don't know your engine combo either. Stroker?

My old engine ran 5.98 too and ran 9.38@138mph. I’m betting this one would go 9.28-9.32. My old engine had a solid lifter cam and a 850 carb. This one has 1000cfm carb and .660 roller cam. The old engine was out of snuff before 1000 foot.

That's bookin' 9.50's or so in the quarter? I don't know your engine combo either. Stroker?

408 with k1 crank and rods
Open chamber Edelbrock heads with 2.08 valve (flow around 318)
Ported Victor340
High compression domed Wiseco pistons
.660 lift Racer Brown roller cam.

IMG_5692.jpeg

IMG_0791.jpeg

IMG_0790.jpeg

IMG_0792.jpeg

I would like to see you run faster with a set of "home ported" Speedmasters! :poke: :thumbsup::thumbsup::lol::lol:

I would like to see you run faster with a set of "home ported" Speedmasters! :poke: :thumbsup::thumbsup::lol::lol:

Same same to me. If I didn’t have these heads close to being finished I would have no problem doing a set. As a matter of fact I have a very nice 9 second capible stock stroke 360 sitting here for a backup that I should do a set for.

Same same to me. If I didn’t have these heads close to being finished I would have no problem doing a set. As a matter of fact I have a very nice 9 second capible stock stroke 360 sitting here for a backup that I should do a set for.
Yes you should. A stock stroke 360 with home ported Speedmasters running in the 9's. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That sounds awesome!!

A couple of questions from a complete novice on race engines.

1. Why the rad cap and catch can assembly where the by-pass hose used to be. What's the advantage?

2. Is that an Aluminum motor plate cut to mount the (electric ?? )water pump.

3. What is the idle rpm?

That sounds awesome!!

A couple of questions from a complete novice on race engines.

1. Why the rad cap and catch can assembly where the by-pass hose used to be. What's the advantage?

2. Is that an Aluminum motor plate cut to mount the (electric ?? )water pump.

3. What is the idle rpm?

1. I’ve found having the higher extension make it easier to burp
all of the air out of the system. I needed a place to hook the radiator and catch can to anyway so it’s worked out well.

2. The water pump
mounts to the engine plate with long bolts running into the engine block. The plate is sealed on both sides of the plate with grey silicon.

3. This engine will idle around 800-900. In the video I had the lean out valve open (ball valve) which leads from the intake manifold and is mounted by my shifter. This is used to build heat on alcohol and will idle around 1500 rpm if it’s fully open.

all of the air out of the system. I needed a place to hook the radiator and catch can to anyway so it’s worked out well.

2. The water pump
mounts to the engine plate with long bolts running into the engine block. The plate is sealed on both sides of the plate with grey silicon.

3. This engine will idle around 800-900. In the video I had the lean out valve open (ball valve) which leads from the intake manifold and is mounted by my shifter. This is used to build heat on alcohol and will idle around 1500 rpm if it’s fully open.
Cool! Learn something new every day.

Thanks for the response and good luck this season.

Cheers!

2. The water pump

Alcohol burner? I didn't know.

-
Back