first gen. Dodge dually

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
not sure where to put this but may be looking for one of these with a Cummins in it. I believe the years are 88-93 isn't it. Going to sell the old square body Chevy dually and go with a diesel. anybody know of a good one out there within 500 miles of Cincinnati.

I believe I am set on buying this Silverado dually with the Duramax/ Allison combo in it. It seems like every Dodge I found has rust issues. That seems to be common among them.

Not mine !! Sold my 87 R30 square body, because it couldn't hack the towing I needed it to. Bought this one on Ebay 2 years ago from NW Pa, believe it or not for $3800 with 192K on it. The original owner installed a device called Rust Evader, that is electronic and has pad/contacts on the body in 6 places. Obviously saved this truck. It did actually have just a little in the wheel well and one rocker, but it was minimal. I had my Body and paint guy repair the metal and paint the truck PDR for $2500. I had that color on a 04 Ram and loved it. I rebuilt the front end. Checked out all the rest of the mechanical s. I did rebuild and heavy up the transmission in Jan. I changed the fuel pin and governor spring and boosted the injection pump slightly. Did the bedliner and added the custom wheels and tires. I love it. It gets 20 MPG. It's my daily driver. I got less than 10K in the whole rig. Just could not justify paying 50 or 60 for a new Ram Cummins. Heres a before and after.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 001.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 004.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 258
  • 011.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 289
1st gen diesel Rams are getting harder to find in good condition, and those that have them often want top dollar for them. I found a really nice '93 1T dually with the Cummins and 5 speed a few months back, but the seller was not budging on his 12k asking price.

Open your search up to vehicles further south, or mid west.
Its cheaper to spend a couple of days driving to buy a vehicle than deal with rust issues.
The beds, doors, rockers are gone on most of them around here.

Rescued my Grandpas after it was fully submerged in a flood. Will probably need engine and/or trans rebuild but started as soon as the battery was hooked up (after I cleaned the intake tract, of course. The arch in the intake saved the motor. Had over 2000 lbs of mud in it when I got it delivered to Missouri...

well, I know it isn't a Dodge but this is what I came home with today. Got one hell of a deal on it.

Attachments

• DSC08787.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC08786.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC08785.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC08784.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC08783.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC08788.jpg