First Kill

-

Paladin06

Reaction score
Got my first kill with CHERRY today. I was leaving a local car show, first one with CHERRY. I catch a red light and a brand new coupe GT Mustang pulls next to me. The girl gives me that lets go look. We leave the light and I'm thinking not here. Well she punches the GT and I think, OK lets see what my little Mopars got. We're side by side and I punch 2nd and gain a couple feet. I'm think please don't miss 3rd. I floor it and punch 3rd and jump a 1/2 car. Now I'm excited. I hold 3rd until.... about 60 - 65 or so and punch 4th. Now I'm a full car and pulling. It's about a 1/2 a city block and I decide to get out of it. The girl pulls next to me at the next light and gives me that WTF look. I just smile.:cheers:

Got my first kill with CHERRY today. I was leaving a local car show, first one with CHERRY. I catch a red light and a brand new coupe GT Mustang pulls next to me. The girl gives me that lets go look. We leave the light and I'm thinking not here. Well she punches the GT and I think, OK lets see what my little Mopars got. We're side by side and I punch 2nd and gain a couple feet. I'm think please don't miss 3rd. I floor it and punch 3rd and jump a 1/2 car. Now I'm excited. I hold 3rd until.... about 60 - 65 or so and punch 4th. Now I'm a full car and pulling. It's about a 1/2 a city block and I decide to get out of it. The girl pulls next to me at the next light and gives me that WTF look. I just smile.:cheers:
NICE!!!! not that I endorse street racing:-D

Normally, I would have let it go but, I've had the car about three weeks and this was our first show. The car was very well received in an area that after 5 years I've seen one very beat up Duster at the local shows. I'm sure my ego got in the way. In all honesty, as soon as I knew she was had I pulled up.8)

hey years ago when I had my duster (70 340 4spd) I got caught red handed. The guy I was racing blew thru the next light and I got nabbed. The cop made me wait in the car for 20 minutes . I filled my pants and was thinking racing? dangerous driving ?,,,,,,,,,,,oh boy . I am in for it. He looked at my car with the skinnys on the front, aluminum dash with switched and SW gauges AND gave me a ticket for no seatbelt.............I was a lucky little fu%%^er. Maybe we should start a thread about these stories. I have a few.

All, she was young and yes, foolish. I did my best to uphold the Mopar image without..... well paying the ultimate price. Hopefully she will not be so foolish in the future.

Good job, Paladin. Always best to act like you've been there/done that before.

-
Back