First old car

-

saxy89

Reaction score
Hi yall my names Jared Sachs im from south east pa. I just purchased my first muscle car a 1967 barracuda. It was an /6 Arizona car up until 96 when it go moved to a little outside Philadelphia. Some husband and wife owned this and some rare trans am that looked like that bat mobile and was supposedly really rare and they had to get ride of one so they chose to get ride of the cuda. My friend from college bought it and started on it while working on a few different projects and decided to focus more on his pride and joy his 66 belvedere.

The car sits right now with a built 8 3/4 rear with 3.91 sure grips and super stock springs. the body work is done from the rear up to the doors and the engine bay is painted some crimson red corvette color. it looks very similar to my dads 66 barracuda. My friend included a 727 trans and a running 318 out of a 71 dart.

My plans for the car are to make it a nice streatable cruiser with some good power. Because me and my dad go out to ohio ever year for the mopar nationals so I want it built right so it is able to handle the drive.
For some odd reason I have a liking toward the 408 strokers and really like the crate 408 mopar has with 375hp.

Here are some of the picture i snapped after picking it up. Ill take more and create a project log as the car progresses.

Feel free to comment and state your opinion and suggestions

Photo0216.jpg

Photo0217.jpg

Photo0219.jpg

Congrads on the car. A /6 isn't a muscle car, but the body screams it and the power plant can make it one. Seems you have a heck of a start1 Good luck!

-
Back