First outing with Transbrake.

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Today I got out for some T&T and got to try out the transbrake in the 66 Dart.Weather was 37* so the track was cold as were the slicks/track.After a couple slow passes to warm fluids up and make sure all leftover wrenches,sockets fall out of car LOL.I ran a couple [email protected] passes,while spinning of the line with 1.53 60fts.One pass was leaving in 2nd gear as my hand on the RMVB Cheetah shifter,leaving on the brake hit second gear right away:violent1:I can,t wait for the warmer weather to see my improvements.

So how did you like the trans brake as opposed to foot braking?
Was hard to tell with it being cold out and spinning off launch.I,m looking forward to seeing how the car reacts to hooking.:cheers:It seems alot easier with the 2-Step/Transbrake button and concentrating on the light.

8-) Good to hear you got some "seat time" in with the transbrake.

Dang 37* brrrrrrrr, that's cold!!

Glad to hear you got out for some t&t. Looking forward to hearing about your progress. Not too bad times for how cold it was. tmm

damn scott thought you were already using a brake....look out for this guy!

Nope,this is the first time out with the brake.Footbraking my best 60ft has been 1.44 leaving at 2200rpm,now will be trying 3000-3200rpm.We,ll see if she hooks!

Glad you got out Scott, even though it was cold. Several more passes and you'll have it whipped :thumleft:.

Hopeing to be in the high 60,s/low 70,s this weekend.A few more passes this weekend and I should be good for my first Nostalgia meet May 4th.:D

Uh oh, look out, we got toys now!! Next step....funny car!!!'good luck with your new technology, it'll be a big improvement, if the weather ever warms up this year that is!! Geof

Well I,m still learning what the car likes at launch.Don,t think I,m gonna hit the 10.50,s though.The car ran consistant 10.83-84 with a couple 10.78,s at night(cooler weather)Best 60fts have been 1.48 and am hoping the jet extensions and modified bowls will help.I talked with AED about the vent bowl hose idea and they said it wouldn,t help with the problems I,m having(hopping at launch).Anyway,here,s a pic taken at launch this past weekend and the car seemed to be launching good at lower RPM(2500).
View attachment Attachment-1.jpg

Not sure what you have - but the good adjustable shocks are huge when you're tuning the chassis for the brake.

Not sure what you have - but the good adjustable shocks are huge when you're tuning the chassis for the brake.

Moper,I have QA-1 12 way adjustable on all 4 corners.Fronts at zero,rears at 5.This is with CalTracs and monoleafs.

Wow that looks purty coming off line. It sure lifts straight and even. Good luck & have fun.

-
Back