First post, introduction and hello

-

cgfen

Reaction score
Hi
It’s good to be back to mother MOPAR, or at least almost back.
I’m an old guy, 50+. Old enough to have enjoyed these cars when I was in high school, but not old enough to have bought one new.
I’ve had 9 ‘Cudas.
Everything from $300 rust bucket winter cars to a very sweet 68 340 Formula S and capped off with a BO29 Clone car I built and sold to some lucky guy in Missouri.

I gave it all up in the early 90’s when I saw the BO29 car being trailered away.
Earlier this year Maya, my wife, decided she wanted a “muscle car” to drive around in and annoy the neighbors…………………………..
She was hot on buying a 71 RoadRunner because she liked the Warner Bro’s graphics.
Then she wanted a 70 RR, then a SuperBird, then??????????
I called STOP and we went to MOPAR nationals this summer.
Imagine my surprise when at the end of the trip she said, “I like the fastback ‘Cudas the best”!
Obviously our marriage IS meant to be.
So here I am, reading the forums and searching for a car.
Ideal car would be;
68 Fastback ‘Cuda
Bucket seat / Console shift
We’re not looking for a project car, (no time / space to do body work).
We are willing to consider a car that needs mechanical help, but body work must be done and done well.
Appreciate any leads you can throw our way.
We live near San Diego, but are willing to travel.
Thanks
Maya and Craig

Welcome to FABO! :cheers: Good luck with the fastback and hang on to that gal. She's a keeper!

Welcome to FABO, cgfen & Maya, from another SoCal FABO member. You're going to have fun here.
Good luck with the search! Be sure to post pics when you've found your car.

Welcome aboard. Keep an eye out on e-bay and craigslist. Also, in case you didn't know if you go to www.craiglook.com you can search all of craigslist not city by city.

Jim

Welcome, You found the right place to find your ride. Great site here, I hope you find what your looking for!

Welcome aboard Craig and Maya! That's a woman after my own heart right there :-D ... nothing like a little fastback muscle to flex. Good luck with the hunt! You may find exactly what you're looking for in the Classified section here. Make yourselves at home and enjoy the takeoff -- because the ride's even better than that.

Carlsbad? Sounds like you may be in my age group. I use to race Motocross there years ago. Let me say welcome from us Mods here and as stated before, you've found a really neat place to help ya on your efforts with the car. May i make a recommendation of posting a want ad in the classified section. There will be folks come to your rescue. Good luck and jump in and get your feet wet. The waters fine. Pictures when ya can.
Small Block

-
Back