First post. Need help with Crank register diameters!

-

stinky817

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I currently have a 64 Dart in the shop with a 225 /6. The guy brought it in because the flex plate was broken. Apparently there are a couple of different size registers for the crank where the flex plate mounts, and I'm trying to find a place to source a flex plate with a register diameter of 1.960". the one that is listed from my parts places are 2.150" ID. the torque converter has a 10" bolt circle (apparently it's not the factory transmission).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Early slants have a smaller torque converter register. See if you can source one for an earlier model

What do you mean by earlier? Earlier then 64? 64 is the year that I told the parts houses that I've been dealing with.

In '66 or '67 Chrysler went to the bigger registers, including small blocks & I believe big blocks. Converter splines were also different. I don't know if any /6 and V-8 flexplates interchange in those small register early years.

68 and forward have the large register. 67 and prior have the small. I may have a small register flex plate. I'll look.

I do not have an extra. I have ONE bolted on the original 170 that came out of Vixen, but I am keeping that one. Pat Blais has one on ebay for like 83 bucks plus shipping. That's the only one I can find. They're going to be hard to come by unless somebody just happens to have one layin around.

I do not have an extra. I have ONE bolted on the original 170 that came out of Vixen, but I am keeping that one. Pat Blais has one on ebay for like 83 bucks plus shipping. That's the only one I can find. They're going to be hard to come by unless somebody just happens to have one layin around.
Pat Blais is a living legend up here in the PNW. He rebuilt my A727 and the TC a dozen years ago. He is an outstanding gentleman.

Pat Blais is a living legend up here in the PNW. He rebuilt my A727 and the TC a dozen years ago. He is an outstanding gentleman.
He is a real class act. I really like Pat.

He is a real class act. I really like Pat.
You just made a friend for life. My wife retired April 1st. Our house is up for sale for stupid money. We plan on moving to the central Gulf coast of Florida on the gulf or a canal. We can swap parts or stories from my Motherland, Central Florida. I was born in St. Petersburgh in 1958. Raised in Central Florida, Seminole County. We gon' have some fun, Bulldog. Please feel free to PM me, Georgia. Pat's Mother had the best Mod Top I've ever seen. He loved and took care of his Momma. Bless Him.

If you can't find a early flexplate, you can have a machine shop make a adapter "ring". The "ring would go on the crank flange, and the OD would be the same size as the late flexplate center hole. There is someone on slantsix.org that is making this part for a standard shift flywheel.

You just made a friend for life. My wife retired April 1st. Our house is up for sale for stupid money. We plan on moving to the central Gulf coast of Florida on the gulf or a canal. We can swap parts or stories from my Motherland, Central Florida. I was born in St. Petersburgh in 1958. Raised in Central Florida, Seminole County. We gon' have some fun, Bulldog. Please feel free to PM me, Georgia. Pat's Mother had the best Mod Top I've ever seen. He loved and took care of his Momma. Bless Him.
You and Kitty are the same age! I call her that old woman I stay with.

If you can't find a early flexplate, you can have a machine shop make a adapter "ring". The "ring would go on the crank flange, and the OD would be the same size as the late flexplate center hole. There is someone on slantsix.org that is making this part for a standard shift flywheel.

That's what was on here before, and I don't know who did it but they welded it to the flex plate and I don't think it was perfectly centered. 3 ears on the plate were broken. I had considered having someone make one. Shouldn't be too much of a challenge for someone with a lathe

-
Back