first purchase from classic industries

-
I likes me some WNC BBQ, too!

I have also spent several thousand's of dollars at Classic Ind. There is no perfect repro part out there that I know of. I've found that most parts need some tweeting and fitting to meet my standards. I purchased a 67 dash bezel 2 years ago and had some fitting issues, but I took my time and made the adjustments. It's the nature of the hobby, and yes most products are made overseas. But what's the alternative?? American companies cant afford to make the same products in the states. Adapt and overcome my friend. Cheers!

if they were 100 bucks i would have no problem taking a hammer to them. but selling scrap at a very high premium. uhh no. ive been a machinist for 30 years. good parts are good and scrap is scrap.

if i rounded out the out of round holes with an exacto or endmill on a cnc it would comprimise the plastic chrome and start a chain of peeling of the chrome. im sure that would look real great after a while.

I keep pretty good track of pricing for several different sources for everything I'm interested in purchasing, especially high cost items no matter how far in the future.

...so yes.

I do the same as well. I keep track of it all too. Seems everytime they pull one of their "up to 25% sales", everything i want is only 15% off like 69 cuda diecast grille surrrounds. Priced my 67 barracuda seat upholstery and padding on a "25% off sale" when i did the math on it all, it was 15% off.

At least when yearone does a 25% or 30% off sale, every item thats not sale exempt sells for the 25% or 30% off. I got all my wiring harnesses for both cars for 30% off at yearone. If your going to have a 25% off sale then mean it. Not have it up to 25% off

The one thing i ever bought from classic was my dash pad. I was happy with its quality, and how well it fit. No problems there. I did have to install everything loose hardware wise, then tighten from the crnter out to the ends. I would imagine any dash pad you would install the same way though.

Sometimes Classic pairs free shipping with 20% off.

Now i would like that. I check their sales every time they send me an email. Have not seen that double bonus yet

I bought a pair of trans cooler lines/ I wanted the car on the road like NOW! But I put on the first line, good, then the second line was bent 180 degrees of on one end! I call them, they say send them back and then they will send me another set IF the ones in the warehouse are correct. So I said, I will keep the one good line and use the used line for the other. Screw them.
The only and last time I deal with them. OK so I can be "difficult" !?????? LOL

shipping was 28.00 for a tach, tripometer knob, and a laminated schematic for me. those items weigh less than 2 pounds. could have fit in a usps priority mail box for 10 dollars.

Shipping and handling. They charge you for the box, packing material, and employees time to pull and fill the order. Pretty standard across the board actually.

Shipping and handling. They charge you for the box, packing material, and employees time to pull and fill the order. Pretty standard across the board actually.
Yep and it just pisses off awfully bad too! Some things should be built into their profit per item?? I know, I am a cranky ole fart!

Well now i know where i wont be getting trans lines for my sons 318 A904 combo

Don't get them from summit either! Unless your trans cooler is mounted on your front bumper! I cut about 14 inches off and had to bend and flare it to get it right. Stainless SUCKS to work with.
20170914_214228.jpg

All I wanted was a spare $50 throttle cable for my aussie demon. Been waiting since feb. Lucky it's only a spare, otherwise it'd be still sittin in the shed not getting driven, (that would then really start to piss me off).

-
Back