First question / Early A

-

Wedgy

Reaction score
Hi together,

my name is Martin. I´m from Hamburg, Germany.
I am having two cars in my garage. First is a 70 Dart Custom 2door harttop coupe. It´s the one which drives and make nice black stripes on the road 8). The other one is a 65 Plymouth Valiant. I will build a early-A in the super stock look.
And here are some fotos from the Dart. Pictures from the Valiant will follow.

And a short video from my little 318.

http://www.mopartube.de/mediadetails.php?key=730ab469c3b8b7c1384c&title=Mopar+318+Testbench

Gruß Martin

Welcome to FABO Martin! Do you live anywhere near Wentorf?

I´m living in Altona. It´s on the other side of Hamburg. Do you know someone from Wentorf?

And a foto from the Valiant.

I rode in the caption "first question". So, here it is.
Does anybody have autentic super stock fotos from an early - A Valiant?
I searched in the complete internet, but I wasn´t successful.

Hello Germany. Richard Petty ran a 65 Barracuda drag car while Mopar was boycotting NASCAR. The Barracuda used the Valiant grille. It basically used his signature shade of blue with white lettering. The color is referred to in Mopar circles as B3. In '72 it was called Basin Street Blue. A closer shade to Petty's than the Mopar is Ford's 1972 code J, (aka Grabber Blue)

The other person worth googling would be Scott Harvey who ran rallys in the US in various Mopars. Although they did not run a Valiant, the paint scheme for the Sox and Martin cars would be striking and period appropriate.

Viel Gluck!

Duh! Check the Demon in my avatar. That's painted in the Grabber Blue, J Code.

Here's a few Valliant photos I've collected. Welcome! toolmanmike

Hello Germany. Richard Petty ran a 65 Barracuda drag car while Mopar was boycotting NASCAR. The Barracuda used the Valiant grille. It basically used his signature shade of blue with white lettering. The color is referred to in Mopar circles as B3. In '72 it was called Basin Street Blue. A closer shade to Petty's than the Mopar is Ford's 1972 code J, (aka Grabber Blue)

The other person worth googling would be Scott Harvey who ran rallys in the US in various Mopars. Although they did not run a Valiant, the paint scheme for the Sox and Martin cars would be striking and period appropriate.

Viel Gluck!

Duh! Check the Demon in my avatar. That's painted in the Grabber Blue, J Code.

I know that paint. Looks really nice!!!!

An autentic oldschool paint with stickers and lettering would be more in my interest.
But the Blue looks absolutely amazing too!

@Toolmanmike - nice cars, thanks. The only 60s car is the "Hairy Canary". Was it the only Super Stock Valiant in the 60s?????

I'm sure there were more but being a 66 Dart owner I've got many more Dart photos than Valliants.

Yes, thats plausible. But the foto from the Valiant with the black fenders is very nice!
My first idea was, to paint the Valiant in the "Golden Commandos" style.
The engine is a 318 in a 273HP look. So the letterig could be "Super Commandos".
To build a autentic Super Stock clone is the other alternative.

Some pics from the 65Vali.
I made some space, to crush the rusty 71Vali. It will be a hard job, but someone has to do it :neutral:

welcome hard to imagine mopars in germany for some reason,,, i am german and know nothing about your country,,and i should,,,,

Hi Martin, did´nt even know that you are playing around with this ´65, but i like the idea much. This hairy canary thing is great - isn´t that photo what svensson wants to see??? show him, mid 60´s AWB A-body - cooooool!

See you!

Michel

Hey, that one pic looks just like my car! 8)

Welcome to the site! :cheers:

Picture 659.jpg

Hi Martin,
jetzt bauste dir doch mal ein vernünftiges Auto.
Welcome !!!
Greets Peter

Welcome to FABO Wedgy!Here,s my Early-A(66 Dart)that I,ve done a complete drivetrain conversion on.

Your Dart looks really, really nice!!!!

Hey, that one pic looks just like my car! 8)

Welcome to the site! :cheers:

My right fender is in a real bad condition, so I will paint it black too.
Looks extreme cool on your vehicle.

Hi together,
it is time to build an engine for the Valiant.
For the first time I start to overhaul a 273.

Here are some pics.

The engine is really dirty. Tomorrow I will clean the motor by a high pressure chastener.
The cylinder are 0.003" wasched out. I want to install new rings.

On the last pic you can see two crankshafts. The left is the 273 forged crank which I want to install in a hot 318.
The right one is an 318 crankshaft from 1978. This one war driven with heavy rods. Can I install the 318 cast crankshaft in the 273 engine and use the light 273 rods?

news:-D

Yesterday I measured the piston ring groves.
Some groves are worn out about 0.014".
So I think it is better to use new pistons, or some in even better condition.
A friend has seven 273 4bbl pistons in good condition.
Has someone an eighth piston for me?
Where can I get a new one?

-
Back