First race!

-

Guitar Jones

aka Angry Johnny
Reaction score
First race of the season last night. I went out 5th round which was the quarter finals. Man there was a lot of cars there. Car was extremely consistent all evening from 10.88 to 10.83. I fell asleep at the light 5th round and some kid in a 16 second Pontiac front wheel driver ran dead on his dial with a 5. Oh well, after laying out for 4 years though I'm pretty happy with my evening. :D

Anyone else racing yet?

Congrats !! Doesnt sound like a bad return after 4 years to me. I know what you mean by being rusty after 4 years . What I do to sharpen up is grab my wifes car and go practice my greenlight grenade launches and find punks in hondas to practice reaction time with (what she dont know wont hurt her...hey ya gotta practice somehow)

FIRST TIME OUT THIS YEAR WENT TO MOPAR AT THE ROCK. HAD FEW PROBLEMS BUT WENT FOUR ROUNDS . OVER ALL WAS PRETTY CONSIST RAN 5.94 AT 115.34 WITH CAR NOT GOING STRAIGHT DOWN TRACK. HAD .505 LIGHT IN FOURTH ROUND TO OTHER FELLOWS .540 BUT HAD TO LIFT DUE TO ABOUT HITTING WALL. SOMETHING ON TRACK.

Hey Johnny P maybe we can see some 5.80s at carolina drag strip. Little more tune up I think we may have the fastest small block!!

with this nice cool weather we have at the moment any thing is possible. Just have to wait on them high dollars front rims to get here. maybe by tuesday. Might try to go before farmington.

My first race tomorrow,they are calling for rain but I'm going anyways to get IHRA ATI(anual tech inspection). 5 rounds after 4 years- Nicely done
Beautiful car btw

:spam1: I had my First race back in April and had a badd light ( 1.163 RT) but i did cut it down to an (.851) I figure mybe i might get it down to .600 that would be less embarassing

-
Back